- JorisKAsked on December 15, 2012 at 04:00 PMI did set up an e-mail form on a Tumblr blog:1) The e-mail notifications hasn’t be delivered for a couple of weeks; how should I resolve this issue?2) I don’t have a JotForm account yet; is it possible to access and reconfigure my current guest forms after I’ve created an account?Page URL:
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on December 15, 2012 at 06:03 PM
Yes, please sign-up first with JotForm and provide here your Username so we can transfer it to your registered account.
To fix the email notifications issue, try changing your form's sender email address to email@example.com. Here's how:
1. While on your form, Click Setup & Embed then Email Alerts
2. Open Notification, then click on Reply-To and Recipient Settings
3. Change the Sender E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and Reply-to Email to any Email you want or your E-mail field, just like this:
We'll be looking forward to your reply. Thanks!
- JorisKAnswered on December 15, 2012 at 07:12 PMI have created an account with username ‘JorisK’. Could you transfer my form to this account?
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on December 15, 2012 at 07:18 PM
Done. That form should be on your account now. Kindly check. Thanks!