- EzyMediaAsked on December 19, 2012 at 02:34 AM
My form https://www.jotform.com/?formID=23530734624854 has a subscription module in it, but I cannot get that to work. I've tried for a couple of hours, including creating a clone, starting again from scratch, removing plugins on my site that may interfere... but no luck.
Any help is appreciated.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on December 19, 2012 at 02:50 AM
Hello John. I have just tested your form and I was forwarded to the Paypal checkout page properly after the submission. Can you please explain the situation that happens on your form?
- EzyMediaAnswered on December 19, 2012 at 03:44 AMOk, that’s interesting. I tested on 3 browsers. Perhaps there is a problem with my computer. I will ask a friend to take a look.
Thanks for your very quick response!
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on December 19, 2012 at 03:51 AM
Thanks for your response, John. May we know where does the form lead to when the form has been submitted? You can also try clearing your browser's cache if in case an old layout of the form appears when visiting the page.
- EzyMediaAnswered on December 20, 2012 at 06:57 PMIn all my browsers I simply don’t see the subscription component.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on December 20, 2012 at 07:26 PM
Since there is only 1 item in the payment field, it is no longer displayed on the actual form. It is already the default selected subscription. When the form is subnitted it will already redirect to the payment screen of Paypal.
The form behave like this for single item on the payment field.
Hope this help clarify the matter. Please inform us if you have further inquiry.
- EzyMediaAnswered on December 20, 2012 at 07:33 PMAh that explains everything. Ok thanks for your prompt support!
Have a good Christmas :)
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on December 20, 2012 at 07:46 PM
You're quite welcome. Please feel free to contact us again anytime for your inquiry.
Happy Holiday! =)