- gouldcaAsked on December 19, 2012 at 02:23 PM
I want the form emailed as it would be printed showing fields that were selected and fields that were not selected.
- pinoytechAnswered on December 19, 2012 at 02:48 PM
In order to achieved that, you only need to uncheck "Auto Hide Empty Fields" on your form submission option.
Please follow this steps:
1. While you're in submission page, click the small icon settings at the right side of the page,
2. Uncheck the option Auto Hide Empty Fields
Do let us know if you need further assistance.
- gouldcaAnswered on December 19, 2012 at 03:27 PMThanks so much for your quick response, although it doesn’t seem to be working. I wonder if it’s the way I have created my form??
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on December 19, 2012 at 06:33 PM
Hi, by default, all the available fields from the form should be included in the default email template. You can reset this by adding a new notification (Add New Email button) .
Also you should make sure to name the field labels properly and not just use the default "Click to Edit" to them. Editing the form(adding or changing fields) and not resetting the email notification will result on some fields suddenly not being available on the notification message.
Please inform us if such issue persist after doing the suggested procedures.