- lasercorpAsked on December 20, 2012 at 11:24 AM
I have several conditions set for the form http://www.jotform.com/?formID=23535994376972
two main issues.
1. On the first page, without anything selected, the user can advance to page 2 eventhough there is a condition called skip to page 2 that should prevent this.
2. After completing page two and clicking the next button, the form still shows page two data with page 3.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on December 20, 2012 at 11:46 AM
I cloned your form.. and without touching yet any of the conditions. I noticed that in the 1st page, none of the fields are required -- meaning the user can proceed to page 2 without doing anything on the 1st page.
Would making a field required in the 1st page sufficient enough not to use condition that prevent from proceeding to page 2?
Test this form http://www.jotformpro.com/form/23544388583969 , so far I only made the fields in 1st page required. It will prevent you going to 2nd page.
Pleae update us.
- lasercorpAnswered on December 20, 2012 at 12:02 PM
On the first page, the user must only be able to select one choice not both so making both required will not work.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on December 20, 2012 at 12:07 PM
Thank you for the clarification.
You can then just make one only required. It will still have the same effect -- the user cannot proceed to 2nd page without providing answer for that 1 required field.
After doing this, can you please inform us if this already resolve the issue you have on the form?
- lasercorpAnswered on December 20, 2012 at 01:06 PM
I can't make only one required as i don't know which one they will pick
- fxrAnswered on December 20, 2012 at 01:27 PM
I think you should probably use a Radio button on that first page and make that field required.
e.g something like Do you have a LaserCorp # ? (yes/no)
If yes is selected you can then show the textfield to take the # (which you could also make required).
Then build your conditions around that yes/no answer..
Do you think you could make something like that work?
- lasercorpAnswered on December 20, 2012 at 03:02 PM
yes this will work. Thank you. I have done this but now have 2 issues
→if 1st option is selected and then user enters a 7 digit printer # and clicks next, the first page showes up on the second page
→if the second option is selected, I wrote a condition that sends the user to page 3, but this is not working. These conditions are at the end of my many conditions that currently exist.
the new url of my cloned form is
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on December 20, 2012 at 03:20 PM
This is happening due to the fact that you have some description Collapse fields on your form. Unfortunately, the Page Breaks and Form Collapses will not work together.
Please simply remove your hidden Collapse fields, and then re-check the form.
Then, if something is not working, please let us know.
- lasercorpAnswered on December 20, 2012 at 03:31 PM
is the issue "HIDDEN" collpases and page breaks or any collapses and page breaks?
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on December 20, 2012 at 03:32 PM
Any Collapse elements, unfortunately, they are not compatible with Page Breaks.
- lasercorpAnswered on December 20, 2012 at 03:33 PM
over the past two days, I have spent over 10 hours creating my 3 page form using page breaks and multiple collapses with muliples conditions!
→this issue existed from April 2012 when i searched it in your database.
→Why has it not been fixed??????
→i have a 3 page form with conditional fields
→How would you avoid form collapses?
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on December 20, 2012 at 03:52 PM
Please note that Collapse fields do not add the 'conditional pages' to your form, pages are being added by Page Breaks only.
We are sorry for this bug, but we can not provide any ETA for when it will be fixed. Our Developers are quite busy, and they are working on their own priority list.
Do you use your hidden Collapses for description purposes only?
- lasercorpAnswered on December 20, 2012 at 04:46 PM
I am responding to Ed from our chat.
Your cloned form http://form.jotformpro.com/form/23546395400957?
has teh following issues. can they be resolved.
On the last page, when you select "the Problem is: and the first three options have form collapses. Can these remain without issue?
On the 2nd page
Please select one or both of the following*Printer requires toner Printer requires service
if both are selected, How can the two subsequent pages be displayed.
ex. If printer requires toner is selected we go to teh toner page
if service is select we go to teh service page
what can we do if both are selected
- JotForm SupportEduardoMendezAnswered on December 20, 2012 at 05:23 PM
I believe the form is currently acting as you have requested.
To clarify, I have not used any collapses (I deleted all collapse fields from your form and added page breaks)on this form. In stead, I have used conditions to hide and show some of the fields according to the choices of the user.
I have also used conditions to skip the toner page if it is not selected. However, if both options are selected (toner and services), the user will navigate through both.
Here is a video to show you the way it currently works:
Let me know if you need further assistance!
- lasercorpAnswered on December 20, 2012 at 05:49 PM
I have tested the form, the issue is that if only toner is selected the form still navigates thru both toner and services so I am not able to see how it function when both are selected.
- JotForm SupportEduardoMendezAnswered on December 20, 2012 at 06:00 PM
Give this form a try:
I have made some small changes to it:
I changed the check box for radio buttons so that only one choice can be made
I removed the required settings to the fields for testing purposes.
Let me know if that meets your requirements :)
- lasercorpAnswered on December 20, 2012 at 09:17 PM
Great job!!!! The form works perfectly and I have learned better practices.
Now, I will have some formatting questions that i will ask later.
- jeanettebmzAnswered on December 20, 2012 at 09:44 PM
On behalf of Eduardo , you are very welcome!
Do not hesitate to contact us whenever you need it!