- fltconferenceAsked on December 21, 2012 at 09:46 AM
1. Numeric fields allow alphabetic input. For example, any of the Hours fields (Trail Work, Administration, Interpretive)
2. Missing required fields are not diagnosed. For example, Name and the first Position and Map entries
3. A condition to hide and show a field is not working. For example, the Other Organization field should be hidden unless Organization = "Other"
4. Some menu values are showing up in the Excel and CSV reports with trailing spaces and line feeds. For example, a choice for the MAP field of B1 shows up as "B1 " and B2 shows up as "B2
This was all working working earlier but I have been editing the form to add new menu choices and it now has stopped working. I am about to go live with this form and al already getting submissions. Please contact me at 607-257-9778 if my explanation is not clear.
- fltconferenceAnswered on December 21, 2012 at 10:39 AM
5. The form ID now appears in a box at the bottom of the form. I did not notice that this appeared before when the form was working correctly.
Also, cloning the form seems to make no improvement.
- JotForm SupportEduardoMendezAnswered on December 21, 2012 at 11:36 AM
Thank you for bringing this issues to our attention.
I have tested on your form and also on a clone of your form
I will submit the issue to our dev team. Please stand by for updates.
- fltconferenceAnswered on December 21, 2012 at 04:03 PM
The problem seems to be getting worse.
6. The "ex: firstname.lastname@example.org" hint example no longer appears in the E-mail Address field
7. The Print button does not print. However, it does submit the form.
8. The Clear Form button submits the form.
These errors have forced me to disable the form at a time when submissions are starting to come in. We have asked our respondents to fill in the form before the end of the year. BIG PROBLEM for me.
- fxrAnswered on December 21, 2012 at 04:39 PM
Is your Clone of FLT Volunteer Hours - 2012 form an exact copy of this form?
I want to clone your form to some testing, but i cant as its disabled.
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on December 21, 2012 at 04:48 PM
I am not sure if you get my messages in chat, so I am updating this thread.
I think that the problem is related to some embed HTML on your form. You have probably added some 'wrong' HTML to the Sub Heading.
Try the following:
1. Click on the Sub Heading, this will remove your embed HTML.
2. Save the form.
3. Re-check the form.
If you need any further assistance on this, please let us know.
- fltconferenceAnswered on December 21, 2012 at 05:38 PM
WOW! This seems to have fixed everything! I had tried to put a hyperlink in the sub-heading but that did not work, so I put it into an HTML text block instead. However, it appears that my attempt left some dirt behind in the sub-heading field. I guess that the sub-heading field should be treated as text only so that users will not try to include HTML there.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on December 21, 2012 at 06:08 PM
Thank you for updating us. I assume then that all are sorted out now.
We are glad to know that Mike_T's resolution work.
Contact us again anytime for any further assistance needed.