- bridgeportcampAsked on December 30, 2012 at 10:16 AM
If I setup a monthly subscription on a Jotform for my customer, what happens when the renewal comes around? Is this completely handled by Stripe or does Jotform still do some processing on this as well?
Also, what happens if down the road a few months a user's credit card expires? Do I have to handle that as a normal Stripe issue, or does Jotform handle requesting new payment info from the end user?
- jeanettebmzAnswered on December 30, 2012 at 11:28 AM
Any payment integration is handled by the 3rd party gateway, whether it is a subscription renewal or an expiring card, we just provide an API to connect directly to them from our forms .
- bridgeportcampAnswered on December 31, 2012 at 10:21 AM
Ok, so what I think you are saying is that renewals are handled completely by Stripe... Jotform will not get involved at all after the initial setup of a subscription, is this correct?
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on December 31, 2012 at 10:26 AM
Yes, that is correct. JotForm only sends the data entered by the user to Stripe and consequently initiates the subscription.
Everything else, including payment issues, should be handled and managed via Stripe.
- bridgeportcampAnswered on December 31, 2012 at 10:26 AM
Great, thanks for the clarification!