- guest_23471344991054Asked on January 05, 2013 at 11:37 AM
I use the Birth Date Picker for my customers to list their date of birth. But, the Birth Date Picker dropdown field, by default, contains the correct MONTH and DAY, but the YEAR begins with 2031 and decends to the year 1920. Of course no one alive today could be born in 2031. Is there any way to change the year subfield so that it begins with the year 2013 and decends to 1914? The selections of 2014 thru 2031 are not useable because no one alive today could have been born in any of those years.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on January 05, 2013 at 11:50 AM
The only possible way to removed the mention dates is to embed your form using the form full source code (How to get your Form Source Code) and by manually removing the years from the codes.
- guest_23471344991054Answered on January 05, 2013 at 12:00 PM
I have copied the source code onto a word file and changed the dates. Now how do I get this new code back into the form?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on January 05, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Unfortunately, there no way that you can import back the form codes into our form builder. You will need to copy and paste the codes directly to your website HTML editor.
- cheekyfaceAnswered on January 14, 2013 at 02:15 AM
With all due respect this is pretty lame. It should be possible to alter the options in the list of years without having to alter the source code and embedd the form in a separate page.
It just means that any time the form is updated by it's creator this field will have to be edited as well then re-embedded. Just seems kind of lame considering all the other great stuff you can do with jotform.
If nothing better you should be able to set the default year to be the current one. Is this possible?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on January 14, 2013 at 04:24 AM
Apologize but that's how our Date Field works. You can also create a separate field for Month, Day and Year using our Dropdown Field so you can customize them the way you want.
Unfortunately, setting a default year is not possible.
- siteladyAnswered on February 07, 2013 at 06:58 PM
I agree it's a problem that Jotform should seek to remedy.
The Birth Date Picker is poorly desinged. Surely, some tech wizard out there has come up with something better?
...well, you get the picture.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on February 07, 2013 at 08:36 PM
Sorry to update you late but we've already added an option for changing the Birth Date Picker Year Range. It's on its property menus. Preview the form and check the changes afterwards. Thanks!
- siteladyAnswered on February 08, 2013 at 04:52 PM
Thanks for the update.
- ascetinteractiveAnswered on February 11, 2013 at 11:37 PM
I've used this on my form http://form.jotformpro.com/form/23061522941951 but it doesn't work. I still a list of years not within the range i specified.
- tstearnsAnswered on February 12, 2013 at 01:24 AM
I have the same problem. I editted the properties to display on a few years, but they all still display.
- JotForm SupportGoldoAnswered on February 12, 2013 at 05:23 AM
I've checked your form and seem to work fine. Year is only 2013 and 2014 as what you've set.
Same to your form too. Year is displaying 2013, 2014 and 2015 as this is what you've set.
Please check and let me know. Thanks!
- cateringonlineAnswered on May 02, 2013 at 04:00 AM
I'm having the same problem. I set the year from 2013 to 2014, but the dropdown still shows a long list of years.
need to fix this.
- cateringonlineAnswered on May 02, 2013 at 04:02 AM
Ok, now it's working. I've been experiencing this problem - where things that are supposed to work don't, despite multiple tries & suddenly, after half an hour or so (sometimes shorter), it starts to work properly.
It's quite frustrating & bewildering.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on May 02, 2013 at 06:00 AM
Hi, we apologize for any inconviniences this has caused.
Perhaps the browser cache was causing the incoherent issue. Please try also clearing the browser cache, it should help refresh the settings on the browser.
Please feel free to contact us anytime should the same issue happens again.