Google Spreadsheet Integration - it stopped integrating data for 3 days

  • Profile Image
    cocmnextgen
    Asked on November 07, 2018 at 11:54 AM

    We had form that was integrating with a Google spreadsheet... submissions were being sent over just fine. However, I noticed that there was a gap where submissions did not integrate to the spreadsheet for a period of 3 days (Oct 30 - Nov 1, 2018)

    After 3 days, submissions started integrating again... not sure what happened on those 3 days...  

    I did a new spreadsheet integration, and all the submissions showed up. If I had not caught this gap, we would have missed the registration of 20 people... I want to make sure this doesn't happen again!


  • Profile Image
    cocmnextgen
    Answered on November 07, 2018 at 12:27 PM

    Now I'm also seeing one submission being integrated with Google Spreadsheet 3 times... even though on Jotform I only received one submission from that person

    1541611528Screenshot 2018-11-07 at 17.23

    1541611619Screenshot 2018-11-07 at 17.26

  • Profile Image
    Victoria_K
    Answered on November 07, 2018 at 01:43 PM

    Hello,

    We are sorry for the inconveniences caused.

    According to our developers, the issue is happening when we receive errors from Google.

    We have a script that can push missing data to the sheet. If some data is missing, you may contact us and we will try to push the data.

    May we assume that the Google spreadsheet integration is working after reintegrating it? Please note that making any changes to the integrated spreadsheet will break the integration.

    I can suggest to re-integrate the form once again and to keep that integration without changes, this should also fetch the duplicated submission correctly.

    If the issue still persists, please share the integrated spreadsheet link so that we can take a look to assist you further.

    1533198292GoogleSpreadsheetShareLink.png

    Thank you!

  • Profile Image
    cocmnextgen
    Answered on November 07, 2018 at 05:01 PM

    Thanks for your help! 
    Reintegrating the sheet helped retrieve all the data, so that's fine. Just didn't want missing data to happen again!

    But I think it may have been someone I shared the spreadsheet with tinkering with it, which broke the integration! When he reset the spreadsheet, data started coming in again.

    It's good to know that changes to the spreadsheet breaks the integration! I will let my team know not to touch it :) 

  • Profile Image
    Victoria_K
    Answered on November 07, 2018 at 06:05 PM

    Thank you for updating us that new integration works.

    If you encounter any further difficulty with your forms, please let us know and we will gladly assist.