- ImperialTrailAsked on March 08, 2011 at 01:32 AM
I made a form for my association : sports inscription for a run race and people has to pay inscription by credir card. How can I make this sort of payment secure (as SSl secure or https pages)?
Thanks for your help.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on March 09, 2011 at 11:15 PM
We do not recommend using JotForm to collect credit card information. It is not designed for that. But here are the general guidelines to keep your form data secure:
1. Always use SSL (https) version of JotForm site on your browser. Use "https://www.jotform.com" to login to your account, create your forms, look at your submissions and link to your forms.
2. Edit emails on all forms to make sure no specific information is used on them. We send emails in plain text. So, they are not secure. Only use emails to get alerts to know there is a new submission. Once you receive an email alert, log into the secure JotForm site and then look at the user
3. If you use the Reports feature only do it with password protection. That will both ask for a password and it will transfer all data over SSL.
4. Same for uploads. They are not password protected.
5. Logout immediate after you are done with the site.
6. Regularly download submissions and then delete them form the site.