- MegginMcAsked on January 17, 2013 at 10:06 AM
When we print out forms clients have submitted we get a not safe/secure type notice for that particular form.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on January 17, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Can you please give us more details about it? Can you share to us the URL where we can see the form and also print it?
It is possible that the form is embedded into your website, and the security message that is popping up is probably not because of the form, but that of the page.
Please update us.
- MegginMcAnswered on January 18, 2013 at 02:09 PM
Hi Jonathan, here is the link. Also, the clients are not getting a copy of what they filled out too. How do we set that up so they can get an email of the answers they submitted as well?
Here is the link: https://secure.jotformpro.com/form/30068954307961
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on January 18, 2013 at 02:31 PM
Are you getting this error on a form Submissions page? What browser do you use?
I have noticed that you have embed two http images to the form. I would like to recommend you to switch the image links from http to httpS, since http links under httpS form may show some warnings.
Also, the clients are not getting a copy of what they filled out too. How do we set that up so they can get an email of the answers they submitted as well?
You can add a form Autoresponder to achieve this:
- MegginMcAnswered on January 22, 2013 at 10:14 AM
Hi, I've changed the image url from http to https. I've set up the autoresponder for the client, thanks! I use both Chrome and IE for my browsers and here is the error message:
- jeanettebmzAnswered on January 22, 2013 at 10:46 AM
If you posted an image, let me tell you , it's not displayed on the post.
Please click on this link to use our image repository
1. Click on Browse and choose your image
2. Click on Send
3. Select and copy the URL the tool renders for you
Then click on the image icon and paste the URL there, and we will be able to see it
- MegginMcAnswered on January 22, 2013 at 01:17 PM
here is the image that I tried to post:
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on January 22, 2013 at 01:44 PM
You still have unsecure content of your form. You're still using http on your signature image link. I'd suggest to change it to httpS to avoid security error warnings.
- jeanettebmzAnswered on January 22, 2013 at 04:19 PMLike Idarktech has explained to you
"You still have unsecure content of your form. You're still using http on your signature image link. "
That is the whole reason why you are getting this error message. I have changed the image path from http to httpS to avoid security error warnings.
Let me know if the issue still persist
- MegginMcAnswered on January 22, 2013 at 05:58 PM
Hi, thank you so much! I thought I had changed the http, but I think I didn't save after making the changes. I will let you know if we have any issues. Thanks again for your quick responses! You are the best! Margo
- jeanettebmzAnswered on January 22, 2013 at 07:24 PM
We are very glad to assist !
- MegginMcAnswered on April 02, 2013 at 08:27 PM
Hi, we are having problems with a security warning notice when we try and print two of the forms:
I checked to make sure all the images had https instead of http in their url and am not sure what else may be causing this.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on April 02, 2013 at 08:53 PM
Hi, will you be able to give as a screenshot again of the error? Can you include on the screenshot where you are printing the form?
I tested it on my end, but I could not get the unsecure pop-up message to happen.
Please update us.
- MegginMcAnswered on April 16, 2013 at 07:31 PM
Hi, sorry for the delay. We had to wait until the message came up again. It comes up when Meggin tried to print the form:
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on April 16, 2013 at 08:46 PM
I can't seem to reproduce the problem. The page still indicates "secure" everytime I print the form.
May we know what browser and operating system you are using? Tried it on Win7 - IE8 and it seems to work fine.
Have you tried clearing your browser's cache? Check if there are no "plugins" that interrupts the form on printing mode.
We'll wait your updates. Thank you!