- SUAAAsked on January 22, 2013 at 04:00 PM
I would like to insure that people filling out my survey will not skew the results by filling out multiple surveys. How do I keep them from doing that?Page URL:
- jeanettebmzAnswered on January 22, 2013 at 04:59 PM
In order to prevent duplicated submissions, please follow this guide
1. Open "Setup & Embed" tab on toolbar,2. Click on "Preferences"3. Go to "Form Limits4. Select the Unique Submission option you prefer.5. Close and Save your Form.
There is a difference between strict and loose check.
Loose check controls the cookie.
Strict check also controls the IP address.
If you select Strict Check, people in the same network (in the same school, college,university, institution ) will not be able to make submissions, as the IP address for the network would be the same. If you are considering the target audience as students in the same school, Loose Check should be chosen.
- SUAAAnswered on January 22, 2013 at 05:15 PM
I have done this, but when I go to the website and fill out the survey and submit it a couple of times, it still gives me the "Thank you for submission" page and the multiples also show up in my submissions in my jotform account. What am I doing wrong?
- jeanettebmzAnswered on January 22, 2013 at 05:28 PM
You could set the form to Strict check , rather than Loose Check
- SUAAAnswered on January 22, 2013 at 05:35 PM
I need loose check because i am sending this to people working in universities and colleges. Multiple persons in the universities and colleges will fill out this survey. At least according to the above instructions I need loose check. Do I need to set a submission limit or does that limit the total from everyone limit on submissions?
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on January 22, 2013 at 06:24 PM
The problem should be fixed now. I have changed the Unique Submission to Strict check, then again to Loose Check and saved the form. Submission limit is related to the form total, so there is no need in changing it.
You may test the form now and delete our test submissions.
Thank you for cooperation in this matter.