- joeykikerAsked on January 29, 2013 at 08:29 PM
Can you let me know when we need to renew our subcription?
- jeanettebmzAnswered on January 29, 2013 at 10:44 PM
I did not find that username joeyoabsa
However, I found 2 accounts joeykiker and keepgrowing that have already expired , but for some reasons they were still on premium status
You can go ahead now and re-upgrade any of them
- joeykikerAnswered on January 29, 2013 at 11:09 PMSorry
The account in question is
In the arts,
- jeanettebmzAnswered on January 29, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Please follow this link in order to renew your subscription
- joeykikerAnswered on January 29, 2013 at 11:17 PMI just posted this on the board:
I just recived this note:
You have currently reached the limits of your account. *Your forms will be
disabled Wednesday at 12pm EST*. Free accounts are limited to 100
submissions per month.
We can not afford to be shut down. If you look at our records you can see
that we always pay by check and pay for a full year in advance. Can we
request at least 7-10 days to have a heck cut and mailed to you. We are a
non-profit and do not have credit cards.
Please reply quickly. It would be very poor service to cut us off so
quickly. We have been loyal patrons.
I'm a little shocked that you all made a mistake and then woud so quickly
turn us of in less that 24 hours. We have hundreds of forms and take in
thousands of dollars. I expect an apology for being put in this postion. I
caught the in accuracy and sent you all a note.
- jeanettebmzAnswered on January 29, 2013 at 11:24 PM
You should disregard the message, once you renew the subscription by following the link above , there shouldn't be any problem
- jeanettebmzAnswered on January 29, 2013 at 11:29 PM
The system did set the account back to free when I looked for updates.
At any rate, I have set the account back to Professional,once you are ready you can pay with a check by following this link
- joeykikerAnswered on January 29, 2013 at 11:30 PMGreat Thanks!