- donatoaaAsked on January 30, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Hello, I am offering paypal for an event signup so once they complete the form they will be sent to paypal. I was wondering if in the event they do not checkout after completing the form, will I still receive a submission? Would still like to?Page URL:
- JotForm SupportEduardoMendezAnswered on January 30, 2013 at 11:11 AM
You will not receive a notification if the payment is not completed. however, you have the choice to manually retrieve the data from the form.
Here is a guide to help you with this:
If a user closes the browser or didn't settle the payment after being redirected to the Payment Page, this will be logged as a Pending Submission. It will only be posted as a valid submission if the user completed the Payment and was able to completely process the transaction.
To view the Pending submission please do the following:
1. Goto My Forms page.
3. On the form's submissions page, you will see an Incomplete Payments button just below the title of your form.
4. Clicking the Incomplete Payments link will open the list of pending submissions on your form.
You may choose to either Delete, view Details of, or Complete this submission.
Note: Completing a submissions will NOT process any payment as there was no payment information to begin with. The system will simply treat this as a regular submission so it can be included on form reports, and that email alerts can be fired off as usual.
- orestAnswered on May 16, 2013 at 09:00 AM
regarding to this question, I would like to ask if tehre is a chance to get any information by email after people submit the form but then fail to checkout in PayPal? Otherwise if we want to follow up this people, we have to check Incomplete Payments few times per day, which is not comfortable.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on May 16, 2013 at 10:32 AM
It is possible to get these information to your email by enabling 'Pending Payment Email' on your Paypal-integrated form.
To do so:
1. Open your form in edit-mode
2. Select and right-click on your form's payment field
3. Click Show Properties
4. Choose Yes on the 'Pending Payment Email' option
5. Save the changes afterwards
If you require further assistance on this matter, please don't hesitate to contact us again.
- orestAnswered on May 16, 2013 at 12:53 PM
brilliant! thank you so much.
- JotForm SupportMike_GAnswered on June 07, 2016 at 08:11 PM
I have moved your concern to a new thread. We believe that we can assist our users better if they will have a thread of their own for every question that they have. And, also, to avoid confusion with the answers being provided.
You can click this link to go to the new thread created for your concern.