- Martin RuistAsked on February 01, 2013 at 02:35 AM
I have a form with the facebook integration to make it possible to retrieve user data from the user's facebook account. It's working fine, except for one issue.
The issue is using the "Facebook integration to get the contact info from Facebook" – i.e. in retrieving data to the form, not presenting the form. The Facebook integration function brings me a 'facebook login button' instead of the submit buttom, as described in this video http://www.jotform.com/help/149-Facebook-Forms-Integration-Video. When the user connect to facebook, the log in button is supposed to be replaced by the submit button. And here comes my issue. This happens automatically (the submit button becomes visible) in the video, but in my form the user have to reload/refresh the page manually to see the submit button. The information is collected as it should, so the integration works well, but how to make the submit button visible at once instantly after the user has granted permission for my form to collect the information?
- jefreylandichoAnswered on February 01, 2013 at 06:26 AM
You must remove the form's FB integration to revert back to the good ol' submit button. Refer to the images below to learn how to do it.
The problem may be also related to the Facebook App configuration. If your form resides on a jotform.us domain, please make sure that your Facebook App is configured to use that domain name.
App Domains: jotform.us
Site URL: http://www.jotform.us
Let us know if you have other questions or concerns.
- fourprAnswered on February 01, 2013 at 06:56 AM
Huh? Remove the integration? I do want the facebook connection.
But thanks for your answer. I get confused by the domains. My form is on the domain form.jotformeu.com. Should I then be using that for site url or www.jotformeu.com (or another?).
To clarify – submit process goes as follows:
1. User goes to form – on facebook tab or directly to the url, doesn't matter.
2. User fills out the form.
3. User sees only the facebook log in button – no submit button. (so far so good)
4. User clicks facebook log in button to authorize the app in a popup window. Goes well and the popup window closes. (still good – everything alright)
5. Now the submit button should be appearing – but it does not. Instead the user has to relaod the page manually – very unnatural in a survey form.
6. The user clicks the submit button and all information, including facebook data, is stored in the database and sent to my e-mail.
I want to remove step 5 =)
Thanks for any ideas!
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on February 01, 2013 at 07:56 AM
My colleague Jef was right with the App Configuration, please be sure that the app domain is jorformeu.com and site URL is http://www.jotformeu.com/
Please kindly take a look again to your settings. Please update us for results.