Columns no longer mapping between Jotform & Google Spreadsheets

  • Profile Image
    breakthroughschools
    Asked on February 04, 2013 at 05:26 PM

    Hi all! Great service, really like it!

    Here's my question: I have a form that integrates with a Google Spreadsheet. When I add a new lead column to the Google Spreadsheet (say to track "Order Shipped?"), the new submissions used to map to the correct columns.

    However, I recently uninstalled the integration & setup a new integration (switched gmail accounts to link to). When I did this, the new entries no longer go their correct, corresponding columns, but instead overwrite the first new column that I've added. 

    I haven't run into this issue before, so I thought I'd ask and see if there any issues going on with these integrations right now. 

    If you have a fix or any ideas (I've already cleared the cache & reset the browser), please let me know. 

    Thanks!

    Brian

     

     

     

  • Profile Image
    EltonCris
    Answered on February 04, 2013 at 09:49 PM

    Hi Brian,

    I have tested it with my form and it seems to be fine. Here's my sample spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsdV9QbdAmEtdGt6LUx3YmJEUnNjbnVpakZYVmZLRVE&usp=sharing

    This is the form: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/30347830247957?

    Feel free to make a submissions to find out the result.

    I would also suggest to add the columns after all the integrated column fields. Have you tried it yet? I think that would also help. Thanks!

  • Profile Image
    breakthroughschools
    Answered on February 05, 2013 at 04:56 PM

    Hi there! Thanks for the reply. Have you tested it with a new form? Mine has always worked in the past, but new forms don't work. 

    I've tried this by adding the custom columns afterwards, and that's not working, either.

    We're also getting multiple duplicates of each entry. Any other ideas? 

  • Profile Image
    breakthroughschools
    Answered on February 05, 2013 at 04:57 PM

    I just tried your test form and see that it's working great. So strange! If you have any other ideas to test out please let me know. Thanks!

  • Profile Image
    Mike_T
    Answered on February 05, 2013 at 05:13 PM

    Unfortunately, any changes to the Google Spreadsheet may break the integration (especially field titles on the spreadsheet).

    What form are you working on? We can try to test it.

    Thank you.

  • Profile Image
    breakthroughschools
    Answered on February 05, 2013 at 05:43 PM

    Hey gang! Okay, here's the latest update: it seems that the issue is that the *form* we're using needs to be rebuilt. When re-integrating the old form to Google Spreadsheets, it doesn't seem to work in any configuration. However, when I rebuilt the form & then created a new integration, it's working again. I think we'll just rebuild our forms and copy the data over from the old spreadsheet to a new spreadsheet. 

    Thanks for looking into it!

  • Profile Image
    Mike_T
    Answered on February 05, 2013 at 06:08 PM

    Good idea, please give it a try. You can use a Clone feature to re-create the form.

    I am not sure about copying data to the new spreadsheet, since the integration may be corrupted, but it is better to try.