- rleitmanAsked on February 11, 2013 at 02:44 AM
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on February 11, 2013 at 04:45 AM
Do you mean, for example, that if a form is created in one language (English) another version (French) is automatically created? If so, such functionality is not available in the form builder but there's a workaround where the form can have a button that if clicked, switches the language and if clicked again, the language reverts to the original. Actually, if need be, more than two languages can be accommodated in such a setup. I can provide a demo of later to more clearly illustrate how it would work, if that's the sort of thing you were thinking of.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on February 11, 2013 at 04:49 AM
I should hasten to add that since such a solution would require a script, you would have to embed the form's full source into a web page in which the script would also be included.
- rleitmanAnswered on February 11, 2013 at 09:44 AM
how exactly I do it ?
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on February 11, 2013 at 10:09 AM
My colleague Wayne (aka abajan) we'll get back to you with the guide as soon as he gets on. Thanks!
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on February 11, 2013 at 09:27 PM
The functionality of your form would be similar to that in this demo. I believe it's possible to have a single toggle instead of separate radio buttons to switch between the languages but I'll have to explore how feasible such a setup would be.
Anyway, for the time being, here's what to do:
1. Clone your own form
2. Change all of the clone's English elements to the other language. (If it's Greek, this tool may prove helpful.)
3. Save the changes
4. Provide the URL of both forms. (I've made this thread Private in case you don't want the URLs publicized on the forum.)
I'll then get to work on the script to make the original form switch back and forth between the languages. (It would just be a single form switching between languages, like the demo. I'll be using the clone just as a guide.)
We look forward to your reply and welcome to JotForm by the way :)
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on November 07, 2013 at 05:37 AM
Please note that we now have a translation feature in the form builder. So, it's no longer necessary to use my solution above.