- xcitemediaAsked on February 11, 2013 at 05:12 PM
Is there a way to specify auth_only or auth_capture? Meaning, only authorize the info and hold for approval, not capture the payment immediatley?
This is a re-post of a comment on How to Test Authorize.net Payment Tool on Sandbox Mode?
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on February 11, 2013 at 05:24 PM
I believe that our Authorize.Net integration is based on the AUTH_CAPTURE transaction type. Unfortunately, we do not have the AUTH_ONLY type available.
Please let us know if you need this option implemented, so that we will be able to create a feature request ticket.
- xcitemediaAnswered on February 12, 2013 at 12:09 PM
Thanks for the timely response. Yes, our client is urgently requesting an AUTH_ONLY. Would be amazing if you could put in that feature request.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on February 12, 2013 at 12:32 PM
My colleague Mike is not yet here so let me forward this to our developers in behalf of him. Just one thing, we can't promise anything in return. We'll you know on this thread if our developers will come up with any updates.
- xcitemediaAnswered on February 13, 2013 at 04:18 PM
Understandable. Standing by.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on February 14, 2013 at 07:19 AM
We have implemented this feature just now. Kindly test it out on your end and let us know if you run into any problems.
By the way, payment capture can only be done manually, via Authorize.Net's merchant interface.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on February 14, 2013 at 07:22 AM
To go about this:
1. Right-click on your form's payment section
2. Click the Show Properties option
3. Choose "Yes' for the Authorization Only option
4. Close settings then save your form
- mgrondorfAnswered on February 20, 2013 at 04:30 PM
Thanks! Jotform is amazing!
- mgrondorfAnswered on February 20, 2013 at 06:07 PM
Works like a charm. Again, thank you! Question from our client:
If a card is rejected for any reason, is that communicated to the user who fills out the form? Will it send them an email stating some sort of error, or will the success message/redirect not work unless the transaction is successful?
- jeanettebmzAnswered on February 20, 2013 at 06:44 PM
We are very glad to hear that !
I am not sure if there is an approval or rejection message generated by Authorize.net .
You could set up an autoresponder to notify the customer about the form completion, not the transaction.
We just provide the API to connect to Authorize.net, so on regards to a sort of autoresponders for approval/ rejections please find out further information with Authorize support
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on February 20, 2013 at 07:03 PM
Authorize.Net's API will verify the availability of funds on the customer's credit card, even for "Authorize Only" transactions. Therefore, the form should also return a rejection message if the submitted credit card details are invalid.
For more information, kindly check out this link:
- rms1985Answered on April 21, 2013 at 11:22 AM
amazing. just wanted to say amazing. amazing speed of development! and this is PERFECTLY WHAT I WANTED! bookmarked until we can clear our status with authorize.net
and while we're at this, does this type of AUTH only mechanism work only with authorize.net or can it be done with any other methods/providers as well?