- autodomeAsked on February 18, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Have a form with required fields, but I am getting 100% blank forms submitted once in a while. I had previously deleted them thinking it was some sort of test by Jotform, but I spoke with a customer who had submitted a form and it came in blank.
Embeded at http://loanapproved.caPage URL:
- jefreylandichoAnswered on February 18, 2013 at 12:05 PM
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Can you please try re embeding the form using IFRAME and see if it works.
- autodomeAnswered on February 19, 2013 at 05:01 PM
It is already embedded with Iframe. 95% of the time submissions come through fine, just once in a while they are coming in fully blank. We ultimately need that to be 100% as the data is sensitive and very costly.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on February 19, 2013 at 05:35 PM
Your present embed codes are:
<iframe id="JotFormIFrame" onload="window.parent.scrollTo(0,0)" allowtransparency="true" src="https://www.jotformpro.com/form/30274855119961" frameborder="0" style="width:950px; height:660px; border:none;" scrolling="no"></iframe>
Just embed the codes highlighted in Green Color. After that, let us know if you will still received blank fields eventhough they are required.
- SachinAnswered on March 02, 2013 at 09:49 AM
I changed the code as requested and we are still getting blank forms occasionaly.
Again, the embed page is http://loanapproved.ca
Please advise asap
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on March 02, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Please try adding the captcha field to your form. See if this helps.