- marc10Asked on March 23, 2011 at 08:54 PM
I added the new Dropbox feature into a form, but I have 70+ past submissions. How do I get those into my Dropbox?
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on March 24, 2011 at 12:32 AM
Unfortunately, you can't do this from JotForm. If you wish to transfer files to dropbox, an alternative solution is download the files and paste your files to your dropbox folder in your computer. This way it will sync your files to your dropbox account. This has to be done manually also and we apologize for this inconvenience.
Hope this helps.
- MarcAnswered on March 24, 2011 at 01:00 AM
so the dropbox only works with submissions I will get going forward?
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on March 24, 2011 at 01:03 AM
Yes, it will only send submissions you get after the integration. It is not possible to send your existing flles there.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on March 24, 2011 at 01:14 AM
I tried something but it did not work as I thought. So yes, there's no way yet to transfer to dropbox your past submissions.
- marcAnswered on March 24, 2011 at 01:38 AM
bummer. thanks for trying.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on March 24, 2011 at 03:38 AM
What did you try liyam?
One possible solution I can think of is to create a submissions listing page using Reports -> HTML Table Listing feature, and then gave that URL to an offline browser. It should download all images on it. Then you can copy the files to your dropbox folder.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on March 24, 2011 at 03:41 AM
By the way, we are just listed on Dropbox App Directory. Feel free to post a review about your experience:
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on March 24, 2011 at 03:50 AM
I tried editing the submission and adding new uploads in it but after saving the edit, it went to add a new entry. It was unnoticed until i refreshed the submissions page and saw another submission identical to the 1st, except the date/time of the submission was different.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on March 24, 2011 at 04:05 AM
I see. No, that will not work. It can only send new uploads. When you edit an existing submission, if there is a new file, it will upload the new file to Dropbox. However, it will not send existing files to Dropbox. Good try though. :)