- DanMohrAsked on March 03, 2013 at 12:27 PM
After my form running in a seperate window is submitted from my website, I have a custom thank you message which works great. I would like to have a "Click Here to Return" link to guide the customers back to my site. I want them to return to the previous window, not stay in the thank you window or open a new window. How can I have them simply close the thank you window by clicking on an instruction on the screen? Believe it or not, not everyone knows to click on the X at the top.
- sidharth_kchAnswered on March 03, 2013 at 01:29 PM
Please embed your code using the Lightbox method. When user clicks on your link "Download your phots here", a lightbox window will open up where user can submit the data redirected to thanks you page. User will have a option to close the window.
Please refer this guide: How to Create a Lightbox Form
Please let us know if you need any further assistance.
- DanMohrAnswered on March 04, 2013 at 05:26 AMHi Sidharth,
The reason I was opening my form in a separate window was because it would not allow me to select multiple files to upload if I ran it directly from my website page. I have the same problem with my form in a lightbox. It will not allow me to select multiple files, only one. But when I run this form in a new window, I can select multiple files to upload. That is why I made the request on the previous email. Thanks
- DanMohrAnswered on March 04, 2013 at 05:26 AMSome additional information regarding this problem. I have not tested this form on 4 browsers. The form would allow selection of multiple files to upload on Chrome and Firefox. The form does not allow the user to select multiple files to upload from IE 9 or IE 10. So there seems to be a compatibility problem between the upload file function and Internet Explorer. And since the greater majority of people still us IE, that is a problem! Can you fix?
- glennleeAnswered on March 04, 2013 at 09:35 AM
I have cloned your form and I found out that you use this thank you page so does it mean that the problem has been resolved, I just want confirm if you still having problem about thank you page.
About the IE 9 issue, could you please try to use iframe and see if that will work.
- DanMohrAnswered on March 05, 2013 at 10:42 AMIt still does not work from IE. I tried my form in a Lightbox, Iframe, and embedding it directly on the page. It will not allow me to select multiple files to download. Using Chrome and Firefox it works fine. There is a compatibility problem between IE (9 & 10) and the upload file function on the form.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on March 05, 2013 at 11:23 AM
As far as I know, that's how Internet Explorer works with any kind of multiple upload fields. You cannot select multiple files at once but you can always add another file before uploading.