- marksloaneAsked on March 04, 2013 at 08:30 AM
hi guys, my form works perfectly on chrome and firefox but i have noticed an error with explorer, once they hit the submit button they are then taken to a payment page but on explorer it throws up a "captcha" box that doesnt even show a captcha code?? So this then gives the user no other option but to leave the site as they cant pay, the thing is i havent even got a captcha option set on the form so cant understand why explorer are bringing one up, can you help please? Also i tested it on explorer version 8 and there are no problems but this error is happening on version 10, i dont know about v9 as i dont have that version.
- marksloaneAnswered on March 04, 2013 at 08:43 AM
i remember i did used to you captcha around 18 months ago but disabled it.
- JotForm SupportEduardoMendezAnswered on March 04, 2013 at 08:54 AM
We'll be glad to look into this for you!
Can you please share the URL of the form with us?
Meanwhile, I have cleared the cache on your forms. Please let us know if that helps!
- glennleeAnswered on March 04, 2013 at 08:54 AM
Sorry for your inconvenience.
Can please give us URL of your form so we can investigate the problem.
- marksloaneAnswered on March 05, 2013 at 10:42 AMhi Ed, the url is www.ehicservices.co.uk, i have tried again and it is still bringing up a captcha.
- marksloaneAnswered on March 05, 2013 at 10:42 AMHi Ed, have you been able to see what the problem is yet please?
- marksloaneAnswered on March 05, 2013 at 10:44 AMHI Guys, any news re my form as yet please?
- marksloaneAnswered on March 05, 2013 at 10:45 AMHi, did you receive the url i sent yesterday? www.ehicservices.co.uk
- JotForm SupportEduardoMendezAnswered on March 05, 2013 at 11:01 AM
I received the URL can you please point me to the exact area of the page where the form is embedded?
- JotForm SupportEduardoMendezAnswered on March 05, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Meanwhile I am investigating the Apply Online button
- marksloaneAnswered on March 05, 2013 at 11:10 AMYes apply online is where the form lies
- JotForm SupportEduardoMendezAnswered on March 05, 2013 at 11:38 AM
I was not able to reproduce the issue on my end.
Here is a video of my test on IE 10 -
Sorry for the slowness of the connection on the video.
Is that what you see on your end?
- marksloaneAnswered on March 07, 2013 at 04:38 AMWhat version of windows are you running please Ed?
- JotForm SupportEduardoMendezAnswered on March 07, 2013 at 08:14 AM
Tha was on Windows 8 IE10
Is the issue continuing? Can you please include a screenshot or video of the issue?
We'll be glad tp continue troubleshooting for you!
- marksloaneAnswered on March 07, 2013 at 08:26 AMhi Ed, doesnt seem to be a problem anymore? Strange, will contact you again if i notice any more issues, thanks
- tricia_azcoAnswered on November 08, 2013 at 03:13 PM
I am having the SAME issue - my users that use IE cannot hit 'next' on the form.
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on November 08, 2013 at 04:04 PM
Your issue might be a bit different, and we are trying to handle one question/issue per thread. Please kindly report the problem using the Contact Us form, and we will get back to you quickly.