- markashtonAsked on March 14, 2013 at 11:44 AM
The date time field has an option for 24 hour and AM/PM
The AM/PM is wrong ... it stays in 24 hour format.
For example you can't have 15:45 AM can you?
- glennleeAnswered on March 14, 2013 at 12:19 PM
I tried to use 24 hour format and the AM/PM disabled on my end. Please see screenshot below.
Is AM/PM does not disable when you chose 24 hour format?
Please give us the form url so we can investigate.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on March 18, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Update: Time (only) field is now released!
- markashtonAnswered on March 20, 2013 at 10:58 AM
You're missing my point .... if you select AM/PM ... you can set it to say 15:45 AM
This is a nonsense ... the field should only be able to go up to 12:00
- glennleeAnswered on March 20, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Sorry about that. Can you please try it again. When I enter 15:45 am I get the error message. Please tell us if you don't see the error message in your end.
- markashtonAnswered on March 20, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Hi, yeah I see what you mean ... I think the error message needs to say ..
Enter a valid time ... not date
But it would be better if you just restricted the hour field to 12 via a dropdown ... it doesn't make sense to allow someone to add the wrong value in the first place when you have a perfectly good mechanism to prevent it.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on March 20, 2013 at 12:05 PM
Yes, that's true. I'll submit a ticket to have both textboxes (hours and minutes) replaced with a dropdowns. The thing about dropdowns though, is that they have an arrow on their right which would increase the space between the hours and minutes. That won't be very visually appealing. Perhaps a better alternative would be to retain the textboxes and have the form's script prevent entries greater than 12 and 59 respectively.
We'll keep you updated.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on March 20, 2013 at 12:09 PM
Actually, I just realized that dropdown arrows won't cause any extra spacing between the hours and minutes.
Anyway, I'll submit the ticket.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on March 21, 2013 at 03:20 AM
I cannot open a ticket for this thread since the title of this thread is unrelated. You must make a request for the feature on a new thread.