- riksagaAsked on March 18, 2013 at 08:24 PM
Very satisfied with your forms and have been a pro subscriber for a couple of years.
It would be appreciated if there was an option to generate a list of all POST Variables in a text file for every item on a form - especially for arrays.
IE. I just replaced a text field with the Time quick tool so I am going through each day, openning and closing properties to cut/paste var names to my script. A txt file would be quicker.
Keep up the good work
- jeanettebmzAnswered on March 18, 2013 at 11:52 PM
You can enable the Send Post Data feature of our forms1.Click on Setup & Embed2. Go to Preferences3. Click on Advanced Settings4. Send Post Data (make sure the value is Yes)And then you can setup a custom Thank You PHP page to accomplish what you are looking forPlease check this guide for further explanation
- riksagaAnswered on March 19, 2013 at 08:54 PM
Yes I know there are many ways for me, to do work, to get the data.
My suggestion is a convienience to the end user - perhaps a selling point for paid customers only - where I do not have to do the work. Every shortcut helps ;)
Ideally Jotform would generate a standard db when a form is created (my choice of postgres, mysql, sqlite v1,2,3,4 etc) and I would not need to. I, of course, have no such expectation
Anyhow it is nopt a criticism, just a suggestion.
- jeanettebmzAnswered on March 19, 2013 at 11:36 PM
I understand better your point and I agree with you that sending POST data into a text file is a feature that could be useful for many of our users
For that reason, I have forwarded your suggestion to our feature request list. Hopefully this will be implemented sooner than later
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on May 10, 2013 at 09:30 AM
I have created such script for you. To find out the variable names and PHP code, simply set this URL as your Thank You URL, enable Send Post Data, fill your form and submit.
- khrisellAnswered on July 04, 2013 at 06:18 PMGreetings!We are happy to announce that we have released Jotform Webhooks, this feature would replace Send Post Data + Custom URL Thank You Page workaround in order to help you transfer forms data to your own database using your own script codes.
To know more about Jotform Webhooks, please click here.
Thank you for using JotForm. :)