- lbrendelAsked on March 30, 2011 at 02:08 PM
I have added a "Contact Us" JotForm to our web site. I have done several tests and while I get the submission notification in my account, they are not going through to the email address I designated. How do I fix this? I don't wish to include the URL because our site is still in staging but would prefer someone contact me privately.
- jeffreyk8Answered on March 30, 2011 at 02:55 PM
I got the same problem and already have a thread going.
- JotForm SupportmlizAnswered on March 31, 2011 at 06:26 AM
I checked the form you have created and tested the email set.
According to the mail logs the email was sent and accepted by your mail provider.
Have you checked the spam/bulk folders in your account. There are times that
email coming fro JotForm are marked as spam by mail providers.
If you need the mail logs let me know.
- jorgeantunesAnswered on April 03, 2011 at 05:45 PM
hi, is there any way that these emails are sent via my server and not via your service provider ?
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on April 05, 2011 at 04:39 AM
As of now, there is no easy way to make that possible. I can see a workaround but that that would mean having custom software installed on your mail server, parsing information from emails coming from our server and then it's up to your mail server to forward those emails to the appropriate recipients.
I imagine it's a hell lot of work, so I think it's better to stick with what we have. You could just display a custom message on the Thank You page to remind your users to check their spam/bulk/junk mail folders.
- GTTAnswered on April 05, 2011 at 04:43 AM
I got the same problem too.
- allanftdAnswered on April 09, 2011 at 04:36 PM
I can't seem to find your email address in our member database. Could you please tell us your username and also where your form is embedded right now?
We'll await your response and our apologies for the inconvenience.
- jeffreyk8Answered on April 09, 2011 at 06:20 PMSure my username is jeffreyk8 http://speedberry.com/Unlock-Me.php
- JotForm SupportmlizAnswered on April 11, 2011 at 08:20 AM
I checked the form embeded in the url provided. I noticed that you have products
for sale and is using Paypal payment tool.
The notification email from JotForm will be sent once the payment is
processed and completed by Paypal. If the payment is not yet
completed it will be considered as a pending submission and no notification
email is sent.
You can find out the pending submission in JotForm:
1. Open the form in JotForm
2. In the My Forms section select the form
3. Choose "Submission"
4. Select Pending Submission, from here you will see the transactions
which are pending this means that the Payment was not yet completed.
- jeffreyk8Answered on April 11, 2011 at 09:42 AMSorry but in pretty sure it was mentioned that the payment were processed. I receive test emails however when people order abd payment goes through it stays as pending and I get no email. Thanks in advance Jeffrey
- jeffreyk8Answered on April 12, 2011 at 12:12 AM
got the exact same issue as this guy http://www.jotform.com/answers/20952-Still-not-receiving-forms-submissions#31 can someone please guide me on a way to fix this issue? It doesn't seem like his issue was solved. It is not convenient to go look over your pending submissions and process. Thanks!
My form url is http://speedberry.com/Unlock-Me.php
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on April 12, 2011 at 12:35 PM
I will submit a ticket for this matter.
Can you tell us when was the last payment that you have received? This will help our development team in their investigation to figure out the cause of your problem.
Thank you for your patience.
- serkanAnswered on April 12, 2011 at 05:12 PM
@jeffereyk8 When your payments are completed, paypal should send us a notification in the background but apperently it didn't. That's why your submissions remained pending. Please complete them manually while I'm searching the cause of this problem.
In the mean time please make sure you have "Instant Payment Notifications" enabled on your paypal account.
- jeffreyk8Answered on April 12, 2011 at 06:34 PM
where do i forward the instant notifications to?
- allanftdAnswered on April 16, 2011 at 07:14 AM
The email address has to be the primary email address in your Paypal account. If you have registered multiple email addresses in your Paypal account, make sure you use the primary email address. Otherwise, IPN will not work.
You may find this Paypal IPN Setup Checklist helpful.
- jeffreyk8Answered on April 17, 2011 at 03:03 PM
Okay, i have fixed everything but what address to i put when i enable IPN
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on April 18, 2011 at 02:23 PM
According to the checklist given by allan:
Email Address: This has to be the primary email address at your PayPal account,
or IPN will not work!
I assume that primary means the email address that you use for logging in to your Paypal account.
Hope this helps.
- jeffreyk8Answered on April 18, 2011 at 02:54 PMYeaa I understood however that did not help the problem. Please help this Is an ongoing issue. Thanks
- serkanAnswered on April 19, 2011 at 02:49 AM
@jeffereyk8 Normally, we send this address to paypal when we redirect a user for payment but it doesn't seem to be working for your account, maybe you should contanct PayPal about this.
The address for for instant payment notifications is
- jeffreyk8Answered on April 19, 2011 at 08:42 AMYea but what is the ipn address this did work at one point an stopped all of a sudden . Thanks
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on April 19, 2011 at 09:19 AM
As stated by serkan, the IPN (instant payment notification) address is at https://www.jotform.com/ipns/paypal.php.
Hope this helps.
- jeffreyk8Answered on April 19, 2011 at 04:13 PM
YES! Thank you! You guys are amazing, its just a shame someone didnt sugest that before but better late the never.
- xxzzfileAnswered on October 02, 2011 at 07:55 AM
You guys keep saying the same thing over and over about not getting email notifs. I'd be happy if your notices just made my spam folder but they do not. I've adjusted my spam score and whitelisted your domain and STILL not getting the email notifications ever since you guys got hit with the Dos.