- comitePOLARAsked on March 30, 2011 at 03:27 PM
Let me start by congratulate and thank you for JotForm. This fantastic tool has become indispensable in my work.
Now I ask for your help: I can't find any URL field in the form tools. Is there anything I can use to replaced it and turn it linkable?
Thank you so much,
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on March 30, 2011 at 04:48 PM
First of all, thanks for your compliments!
As to your question, you can use the "Free Text (HTML)" power tool: My Forms > Power Tools > Free Text (HTML). So how is it used? Well, let's say you wanted to include a link to JotForm but instead of having the text of the link be "http://www.jotform.com/", you just wanted it to state "JotForm":
1. Click the field under which you want the link to appear.
2. In the form builder menu (Power Tools), insert a "Free Text (HTML)" field by clicking on it.
3. In the "Free Text (HTML)" field, click "Edit HTML"
4. Change the default text to "JotForm"
5. Select the same text and in the same field, click the little toolbar button that looks like a linked chain.
6. In the "Link URL" field of the "Insert/edit link" window, type "http://www.jotform.com/"
7. In the "Target" field, select "Open link in a new window"
8. In the "Title" field, type "Opens in a new tab or window" (This assures the user that she won't be taken to another page in the same tab/window and risk losing information previously entered in the form.)
9. Click "Insert"
10. Click "Complete"
11. Make positioning and other adjustments to the link as desired.
Hopefully this clarifies things. Please feel free to post additional questions and we will see how best we can assist you.