- ccseaglesAsked on March 22, 2013 at 05:42 PM
I don't understand. I can make the form no problem and I can embed the code to the website easy enough. But aren't you leaving out a huge part of this. Were does the information the person types in go. How do I set up the email address that is attached to this contact form the email address that will receive these contacts. I would think without that the form is useless????
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on March 22, 2013 at 07:04 PM
Every forms comes with an Email Alert Notification. To find out what email address is used for submissions, check this guide: Finding out E-mail Address used for submission notifications
- ccseaglesAnswered on March 25, 2013 at 12:26 PMI have already done this the email address entered is correct yet no
- KoyeliaAnswered on March 25, 2013 at 12:32 PM
I'm facing the same problem.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on March 25, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Koyelia: Your forms have no submissions. So, you cannot receive emails without receiving submissions on your forms.
ccseagles: Your latest email setup seems to be correct. I made a test submission. Here is the email server log:
- ccseaglesAnswered on March 25, 2013 at 12:55 PMWhen I posted the code of the form to my website and then went in and
entered information in the form and sent it as a test to see if it worked
inside the website I got nothing. I had previously tested it on your test
page and I did get a email but once I put in the website, nothing.
- KoyeliaAnswered on March 25, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Hi, I tried doing a test submission through our website but it didn't work.
Using the iframe code, as suggested by one of your colleagues, sorted out the problem.
- moonzkieAnswered on March 25, 2013 at 01:08 PM
I have made a test submission to your form and based on our mail log the notification email was successfully sent to your email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Can you please confirm? Also, you mentioned that this only happends after embedding the form to your website, so can you also please share with us the link of your site?
Are you still experiencing the said problem? If yes, I would suggest you to open a new thread for us to address to your concern properly. Also, please include the link to the site where you embedded your form for us to check further.
- KoyeliaAnswered on March 25, 2013 at 01:09 PM
My problem's sorted, it's working fine now. Thanks :)
- ccseaglesAnswered on March 25, 2013 at 01:22 PMThis is what I get when I embedded that code.
[image: Inline image 1]
- ccseaglesAnswered on March 25, 2013 at 01:43 PMHere is what I get when i use the source code. The form looks Ok I can
type stuff in it but when I send a submission I get no notification at my
[image: Inline image 1]