- pleahy1974Asked on March 28, 2013 at 10:22 AM
I have 3 form on this website and within the last week they are not going through all forms are returning the message in the screenshot I have provided. Please help quickly my client depends on these for thei business.
Still not working after you have looked at it....
- JotForm SupportEduardoMendezAnswered on March 28, 2013 at 10:25 AM
I have cleared the cache on our end and checked your forms, they seem to be working fine on my end.
Please let us know if the issue persists!
- pleahy1974Answered on March 28, 2013 at 10:30 AM
I am still getting the same message after refreshing the page.
- pleahy1974Answered on March 28, 2013 at 10:31 AM
I have completed the form within the jotform site and that is working just not on my site.
- pleahy1974Answered on March 28, 2013 at 10:50 AMThe form is still not working after you clearing the cache.
- JotForm SupportEduardoMendezAnswered on March 28, 2013 at 10:59 AM
I see that you have embedded the form using the source code.
Would using a different method of embedding the form be an option?
Your form is working as a stand alone, but something is breaking it once you embed the source code in the page.
Any adjustments that you wish to make to the look of the form would be better on the form itself.
Would this be an option? Here is a clone of your form with a few small changes:
- pleahy1974Answered on March 28, 2013 at 11:21 AMHow can I go about using this form, it is not in my list of forms. Also why
have my forms on this site all suddenly stopped working because it is not
just this one. There are 3 and they all do not work.
- JotForm SupportEduardoMendezAnswered on March 28, 2013 at 12:50 PM
The form I mentioned was a clone of your form. I made some minor adjustments. If you wish, you can clone that form and use it as your own. Here is a guide to help you with that:
As per your form not working, The forms are working as stand alone forms. As I mentioned, the issue occurs once the form is embedded. The method that you are using may be causing the problem.
You have two options in order to solve this problem:
1 - Re-generate the source code of your form and re-embed it on the site (this implies making all the custom changes from scratch)
2 - Making the custom changes on our builder and using a different embed method (suggested solution.)
We woudl be more then glad to assist you in the custom look of your forms.
As per the other forms that are not working, please, can you provide us with the URLs of the pages were they are displayed? We'll be glad to look into it for you.
- pleahy1974Answered on March 28, 2013 at 12:57 PMGreat Thank you. It is actually three.
Here is the other three links:
- JotForm SupportEduardoMendezAnswered on March 28, 2013 at 01:47 PM
In all three forms you have used the source code to embed the forms.
My suggestion would be to please try a different embed method.
Here is a guide that can help you with this:
Please give that a try.
- jeanettebmzAnswered on March 28, 2013 at 01:53 PM
The reason why this is happening is because your form where done using Jotform V2, we have a new builder version (V3) so the form needs to be updated.
You might either re-embed the form using the full source code or try either the Script type or the iFrame method as explained in the guide that Eduardo has suggested above