- allanftdAnswered on April 04, 2011 at 04:29 PM
Thank you for your inquiry. JotForm protects you from these unwanted "spam submissions" in two ways:
1) Using the Strict Check option found in the Preferences button's Advanced Settings tab to prevent multiple submissions from a particular IP address.
2) Using Captcha form validation (under Power Tools) to ensure that your forms are not being submitted by annoying robots or autosubmission software.
We hope you find this information helpful. Please let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you for using JotForm!
- animaladvocatesofusAnswered on September 25, 2011 at 02:53 PMThank you for your reply but I tested from my computer and hit button
once and same thing happened
Sent from my iPhone
On Sep 25, 2011, at 11:36 AM, JotForm Support
> A new response has been received:
> Answered by allanftd
> Hi there,
> Thank you for your message. I believe this is caused by the person
> submitting the form. She might have pressed the Submit button of
> your form multiple times because the time stamp for each "duplicate"
> submission is different as shown in the screenshot below:
> You may need to use a JotForm feature called Unique Submissions in
> order to limit entries from the same IP address to one. Adding a
> Captcha field will also be useful in deterring intentional or
> accidental spam submissions.
> Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.
> Thank you and enjoy using JotForm!
> JOTFORM SUPPORT
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on September 26, 2011 at 06:33 AM
One possible solution might be to add Captcha to your form.
JotForm has a built in Captcha field. You can insert a Captcha field into your form so that robots and malicious software cannot send automated responses to you. You can find theCaptcha field under Power Tools menu.