- SamanthaAsked on April 05, 2011 at 12:57 PM
We are an animal rescue and need a form for our adoption application. The web based form that we currently use is through response-o-matic.com The only problem we have with them is if a question is left blank, it says there was a question left blank and rather that highlighting in red so they can fill it in, it makes the entire form go blank and they have to do it all over again. Our form is very tedious and takes people a long time to fill out and sometimes because of this they get frustrated and go somewhere else. What happens if your form has a question left blank?
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on April 05, 2011 at 01:33 PM
Assuming the question is marked as required, when the user attempts to submit the form, a notice alerting her to the missing answer will be displayed and unlike what obtains with Response-o-Matic, the other fields will remain filled.
Thanks for asking and please feel free to inquire about other JotForm features.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on April 05, 2011 at 01:34 PM
If a question is left blank and that question is set as a Required field, a validation warning will show up, prompting the user to fill out that particular field.
The form cannot be submitted if the required fields are left empty.
To set a question as a Required Field:
1. Click the question/field you want to set as required.
2. Click on the Required button located in the toolbar at the top of the Form Builder.
3. Save your form.
Please let us know if you have further questions.