- yoyometricsAsked on April 05, 2011 at 02:31 PM
I posted new forms on a landing page last night and i'm getting submissions that are incomplete when I've specified those areas a required to submit the form? I am using unbounce as a landing page creator, is something wrong on their end or yours? is there another solution? I've had sucess with required areas on my previous forms, so what gives?Page URL:
- allanftdAnswered on April 05, 2011 at 03:20 PM
Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we apologize for the trouble. I shall have this escalated to our programmers. We'll let you know once this is resolved.
In the meantime, aside from making a field a required one, please also use the Validation button to make sure that your visitors enter a valid data, i.e. email address. Unless your visitor enters a valid email address format such as email@example.com, your form will not accept the submission.
You can find the Validation button in your form's toolbar under the Properties tab.
We hope this workaround will be helpful. Thank you for using JotForm!
- baathAnswered on April 08, 2011 at 11:43 PM
me too have the same problem Validation button is also not working i use numeric validation bur i enter alphabetic
- allanftdAnswered on April 09, 2011 at 01:59 AM
Thank you for your message. May we ask which web browser are you using? I tried to replicate the issue you reported but was unable to get the same results as yours. I used IE 8, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome and they all validated your form properly.
We'll await your response. Thank you for using JotForm!
- baathAnswered on April 09, 2011 at 07:31 AM
enter here and try it https://www.facebook.com/baath.egypt#!/baath.egypt?sk=app_4949752878
the two first question is mandatory but the system never ask for it
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on April 09, 2011 at 03:42 PM
So, is this a problem happening on facebook forms?
- TLRRescueAnswered on April 09, 2011 at 04:06 PM
We are having the same problem, weve had a form come through totally blank and one with just a name and address and we have lots of required fields. We are an animal rescue so we try and save $ to save animals and not on forms so if we do go over 100 forms, we want to make sure they are legitimate forms coming through. I tried your work around but that doesnt work because with name/address, radio buttons, etc they do not have the validation option. Can you tell me when this will be fixed?
here are our forms
- yoyometricsAnswered on April 09, 2011 at 04:10 PM
We are still having this same problem on our site. TLTRescue -- my problem is the same as yours. I need to trust that JotForm is working or else I will have to change companies.
JotForm -- I love your product!! Please help us.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on April 09, 2011 at 05:21 PM
Let us know if you need clarifications about the steps outlined in the above-mentioned user guide.
- TLRRescueAnswered on April 09, 2011 at 06:59 PM
NeilVincente - My forms are not on facebook at all......
- baathAnswered on April 10, 2011 at 02:49 AM
plz how can isolve this problem
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on April 10, 2011 at 02:56 AM
I believe that your case is due to the huge length of your form. it takes a while to load it up on the browser. Once the browser is still loading and it got submitted already, it would have a high probability of being able to submit a form.
I have tried checking your forms and the validation seems to work properly on my browser.
If you have the form embedded on your website, please do transfer the jotform script source to within the header tag.
Hope this helps.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on April 10, 2011 at 02:57 AM
- baathAnswered on April 10, 2011 at 09:43 AM
istill have problem the first two question is very important and as you see the system start from the third question
- baathAnswered on April 10, 2011 at 10:17 AM
the error seem with the field add with quick tools like full name ,phone number, birth day the system never ask to complete it
- baathAnswered on April 10, 2011 at 11:51 AM
unfortunately i verify my mobile phone but it ask me to verify and i have already verified it and iwill never verify by my credit card plz help
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on April 10, 2011 at 12:07 PM
Clear your browser's cache by pressing Shift-Ctrl-Delete keys all at the same time. After you clear your cache, press F5 or refresh your browser then go through the steps outlined in the tutorial.
Let us know if you need more clarifications. Thank you.
- JotForm SupportJotFormSupportAnswered on April 11, 2011 at 08:22 AM
You can update your code. Fullname and birtdate form elements validations are added to the facebook code.
- baathAnswered on April 11, 2011 at 11:17 AM
- baathAnswered on April 11, 2011 at 11:55 AM
plz follow to validate phone number
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on April 11, 2011 at 03:35 PM
Please open a separate thread for your issues to avoid confusion. Thanks!
Are you still experiencing the same problem? Looking at your form, I see that you did not set the upload field as Required. Users will be able to submit without uploading resumes because it is not set as a required field.
To set a field as required:
1. Click on that particular field
2. Click the Required button located at the toolbar
3. Save your form.
Hope this helps. Get back to us if problem still persists.