- tcrockerAsked on April 13, 2013 at 12:51 PM
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on April 13, 2013 at 04:02 PM
You can achieve this by:
1. Using the form's source code embed.
3. Since the cookie will be on the client's end, when the client re-register again, it should be able to detect the installed cookie (email address), then, a redirect URL script can be use to show an alternative option.
Using integration, you will be able to build your subsribers lists and register them officially on the mentioned integrations. You can then manage the subscribers.
Hope this help. Inform us if you need further assistance.
- tcrockerAnswered on April 13, 2013 at 04:45 PM
Thanks for the reply.
The first option does not work for me. my website uses a CMS and I can only add the iframe code. Javasrcipt is stripped out.
I am using MailChimp to send the subscribers info to a list but how I can redirect the user if they are already registered. Currently my form redirects the user once they are registered.
Thanks in advance.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on April 13, 2013 at 06:06 PM
When I suggested the integrations(like MailChimp), I only meant to suggest an alternative and better way to manage your subscribers lists -- but this will still not give you the ability to capture re-registering users when using on the form.
How about if you enable the "loose check" in unique submission, and then just change the alert message to something else the user can relate to.. like., "You have registered previously. Please check your email"
I have a test form here http://www.jotformpro.com/form/31026001600935
It gives this message when I try using it again
Hope this help. Inform us if you have further inquiry.