- hj1actAsked on April 14, 2013 at 02:26 PM
I'm devising a form which will allow quick and accurate recording of awards in a drama festival.
Whilst I can happily use check box and radio button for nominations and winners of trophies, I'm having difficulty figuring out how to use drop down menus to record winners of individual acting awards.
My ideal would be to have three separate drop downs in the same question:
Drop Down 1: Theatre company
DD3: Actor's name
I can't quite understand how to make this work, using conditions. If it has to be using conditions, then I'd like the form to ask you to choose a theatre company, which would then lead to a choice of plays, and then to a choice of actors.
- pinoytechAnswered on April 14, 2013 at 06:04 PM
Can you please let us know the condition/s that you want to achieve? We'll do our best to help you to achieve that condition/s into your form.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on April 14, 2013 at 06:07 PM
I'm pretty sure I understand the functionality you want. I'll post the solution shortly.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on April 14, 2013 at 06:53 PM
If the way the dropdowns in this clone of your form work the way you want, please do the following:
1. Append numbers to each dropdown's label as shown in this screenshot:
(This is just a temporary change to allow you to set the conditions on the correctly corresponding fields. Since they currently all have the same names, you could easily set the conditions on the wrong fields.)
2. Create two (2) conditions for each section (8 conditions in total), similar to those shown in the following screenshot which are for the first set of dropdowns:
3. Save the form and then go to the form's URL and test the it
4. Once you're satisfied that the show/hide functionality is working correctly, return to the form builder, remove the numbers from the dropdowns' labels and save the form
If you're not sure about how the conditions should be configured, you could always clone my form and examine its conditions. At any rate, we're always available to assist you, should the need arise.