- Craig AndreeAsked on April 24, 2013 at 11:07 AM
- sidharth_kchAnswered on April 24, 2013 at 11:33 AM
I am unable to reproduce this issue. I am able to view your form without any error message.
Request you to clear your browser cache and view your form. Let us know if you continue to have this issue.
- andreecAnswered on April 24, 2013 at 12:29 PM
Thank you for your assistance!
- refreshed browser cache. This did nothing
- opened up Chrome and form, I got Error 118 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT): The operation timed out.
- I created my second form. With only text and a submit button. Very simple. This worked fine. I was also able to embed this form into my VS development form for testing. When I embed the first form, and more complex one, it did not display the embeded form.
- My thinking is that this form is corrupted in some way. However, I took the source and put it into VS and was able to have the form displayed. So, it is something within the jobform served up form that is not working.
- sidharth_kchAnswered on April 24, 2013 at 12:40 PM
I dont think that form is corrupted as i am able to view it correctly. I was even able to do do a test submission successfully.
Please let us know the URL where you have embedded your and we will check it.
- andreecAnswered on April 24, 2013 at 12:45 PM
No, it was corrupted. I cloned it without changing anything. And the cloned version works. I was even able to test it embeded into an html page.
You can consider this solved. Who knows why this was acting this way.
Thanks for your help.
- sidharth_kchAnswered on April 24, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Glad to know that your issue was resolved.
Should you have any questions please feel free to contact us.