What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
What is the max file size that can be uploaded?Asked by DBF on May 08, 2013 at 06:05 PM
We need to have our clients upload HD video to us through our Dropbox form, so I need to know it the max file size will be enough. If the answer changes depending on what kind of account you have, I would like to know the options.
Thanks so much!
The maximum file size per upload is 1GB. Please note that the free account has a upload space of 100mb, so even if you allow 1GB per upload they will still not be able to upload it to your form due to over limit.
If you need further assistance, do let us know.
Is there ANY way to have files bigger than 1GB uploaded?
If you want to accept files with 1GB size, you should consider upgrading to our Premium Plan. Checkout our pricing page for more details: Pricing
Sorry for all my Qs (I wish you guys had online support chat...!), but I am looking for a very specific function for my company and need to make sure it'll serve that purpose before we pay....
(1) If max file size changes depending on which plan you use, can you tell me the amount for each plan?
(2) Can you define "Available Space" for me? As in, do you mean 'storage spage' or 'data transfer space'? What I want to know is if this refers to data transfer, i.e. If someone sends us a 1gb video, that obviously counts as 1gb towards our available space, but what happens when that video is then received/downloaded by us (in this case through our Dropbox) - does that count as another 1gb used? Or if you do mean 'storage space', then does us receiving/downloading that 1gb file mean we have that 1gb of space back in our account to use again that month?
(3) What happens if we reach our limit for the month early? Can we just 'bump up' to another plan for that month or are we blocked or charged a per MB kind of rate for additional data uploads.
Thanks again for you patience with all my questions!
1. Please see image below.
2. Upload space/available space is your storage in your account. Even you integrate your form to dropbox it will upload first to jotform server before it will transfer to dropbox. You can delete your upload files/submission data to free up spaces.
3. Before you reach your limit you will also receive an email from us notifiying that you almost reach your limit. You can upgrade your account anytime.
Just to go to account > billing then choose the new plan.
If you need further assistance please feel free to contact us anytime.
Very helpful. The only remaining issue I have is that the image you provided doesn't show max file size that can be uploaded for each plan, just the max storage available. This is the last thing I need cleared up. And please pardon me if I'm reading something incorrectly in the image you provided.
Sorry if I missed one of your questions.
Like my colleagues answered you the upload max size is 1GB per upload but for free user you cannot upload a file with 1GB size because the limit for free users is only 100MB. So for paid plan you can upload a file with 1 GB size.
If you need any assistance feel free to contact us again.
Thanks. Yes your colleague had told me the max file size was 1gb, but when I asked if there was anyway to upload something larger than that, I was told I should use the Premium account which led me to believe there was a difference between accounts when it came to max file size. Obviously if my storage is only 100mb I can't get a bigger file ;)
We intend on buying an account but want to make sure your service has the functions we need first, and of course we need to know our options before deciding which account to purpose.
If I'm now understanding correctly, the max file size for ANY account plan is 1gb??
P.S. If this is the case, might I make a suggestion to pass on to the head honchos? Your service is superior in many ways to what else is out there, except that most of these types of services offer a 2gb file size max. Also, if you do pass these suggestions on, I hope that as your company grows you will offer online support chat. It's great that you have this forum 24/7 but if there had been a chat earlier in this conversation, that first misunderstanding would have been cleared up instantly and saved both you and I time & trouble.
But thank YOU again for your help and patience.
Sorry for the confusion - if there's any. Yes, the maximum file size that you can upload per upload field is only 1GB. I'd suggest to create a separate thread requesting such function so we can escalate that to our developers.
We actually offer chat support, but it is currently not available. We enable chat support depending on the supporters online.
File size of 1 GB is well enough for me.