What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
File Uploads? How to get it on notification?Asked by mikemaas on May 09, 2013 at 10:08 AM
I have a form with several file upload options. Is there a way to have the upload attached to the notification email, or at least have the form response notify the recipient that there is an upload to look for? I don't want them to have to click the link to Jotform every time to look for a possible upload.
So you are trying to get notification of the file(s) being attached. You can actually do this in One of Two ways.
(1) Just make sure you have the tag clicked on the form inside your Email Notification. However, doing it this way will also present the file for download in the notification but at least you will able to see when a file is attached this way since it will show in the Notification to the Recipient when one has been uploaded.
(2) Now if you don't want the file to show up and allow it to be downloaded, another possibility is you could have a setup via a simple question that shows up when a file is attached where it is answered that " Yes " or " No " to a file being attached and you could just look at that and know that there is a file available for download that was uploaded.
I have inserted the tag field into the email notification now. Image files display, but not PDFs. Is there a way to have a link to download rather than displaying the uploaded file in the email? Most of the uploads will probably be PDFs, so we want to make sure we see those.
You can also add the pdf link on your email. Please see image below.
Sorry for my first answer, please disregard it.
I tried to upload a pdf file on my form and download link will actually included to email notification.
perhaps that is part of the issue. I used to get the nicely formatted emails like yours above, but now all I get is text. This is the case with all email addresses I'm testing.
To fix this, you can either manually edit the notification email and format it the way you want to or you can delete your old notification and create a new one.
1. Select Setup & Embed
2. Click Email Alerts
3. Notification (or whatever its name is)
4. In the Compose Email screen, click Delete Email
Create a new notification
1. After deleting, click on Setup & Embed
2. Email Alerts
3. Add New Email
4. Choose Notification, click Next then finish the Email Alert Wizard
This will reset your notification email to it's default format.
thanks! that fixed my issue..
We are pleased to inform you that you can now have the file uploads as attachments in your email alerts. You can learn more about it on this blog post https://www.jotform.com/blog/223-New-Feature-Get-Uploaded-Files-as-Email-Attachments
We hope you will like it.