- johnnyflashAsked on May 26, 2010 at 01:55 PMHi, I have a very simple feature request that would help us a lot. We need the ability to have a time field without a date. Once we ask the date of the event in our jotform, we don't want them to have to specify it again each time we ask something related to a time. Please add a time field that does not have the date fields.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on May 27, 2010 at 03:24 AMI added this to our suggestions list. Thanks.
- winvariaAnswered on April 11, 2011 at 08:17 AM
It's very important in my opinion! Any news?
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on April 18, 2011 at 08:23 AM
Since you can easily get time entered on a regular text field, we don't see an urgent need for such feature. That's why this feature request is listed as "Nice to do", and there is no guarantee if/when it will be implemented.
- iRedeemAnswered on June 28, 2012 at 05:14 AM
I second the request for time feild. A text feild lack the formatting and the validation needed for time data.
- blairbandsAnswered on June 28, 2012 at 05:59 AM
Add my request for this as well. I was just delving into a big project on JotForm and I'm glad that I seen this post first because it won't work without a time field!
- blairbandsAnswered on June 28, 2012 at 06:03 AM
I second iRedeem's reasoning. A time field without formatting is useless in spreadsheets and reporting. For me, what I'm trying to create is a timeline form for clients to fill out so that I have the ability to simply download to a spreadsheet and sort by that field. If they use a different format for time in different portions of the form then I'm going to have to manually adjust each wrong line. When you have over 150 questions regarding time, having a form turns from being a huge timesaver and help to a time drain and more difficult than just doing it the old fashoined way with a pen and paper.
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on June 28, 2012 at 07:46 PM
We've already added this feature request to our To Do list. We can't give you any ETA but rest assured our developers are already made aware of this and they'll consider this for future implementation.
Thanks for the heads up and have a pleasant day!
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on June 28, 2012 at 08:03 PM
Thank you very much for your feedbacks.
It is also possible to use DateTime elment (with Allow Time option enabled) and Range element (comes with numeric validation) for nicely formated Time field.
We will update this thread once we get any news.
- blairbandsAnswered on June 28, 2012 at 09:05 PM
I appreciate your quick response but the last option presented by Mike_T is not a great solution. You already have the Date/Time selector. I see a setting for "Allow Time?" then (Yes or No). Would it be that difficult to offer another selection of "Allow Date?" (Yes or No)? This way, we have the ability to choose if we'd like to use this tool for date, time or both! One added option, many rewards.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on June 28, 2012 at 11:34 PM
Thank you for the details. I am sure the information you provided are well noted.
Hope this help as a temporary application. This post will be updated by our dev team as soon as they have updated information.