- LostdogsmnAsked on May 27, 2013 at 07:38 PM
I have had two facebook fans tell me they are getting an error when submitting a lost dog form. Here is the error Form ID did not match. Form ID: Form Name: 20603661142139
What is it? And how can I fix it?
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on May 27, 2013 at 08:03 PM
I tried testing your form and I can't replicate the error. The form thank you page shows after hitting submit.
Not sure how did they get that, are you using secure form in your FB app? It might be an issue with IE browsers specially when the form is embedded as non-secure on your FB page since FB requires SSL on the form. But if you're already using secure form, I have no clue how this error appears on your form. We'd appreciate if you could provide a screenshot.
- LostdogsmnAnswered on May 27, 2013 at 08:09 PMI have no clue if anything is secure, where and how would I find that out?
I didn't get a screenshot, I got emails from 2 fans with that exact same
error, that's all I got. They are frantic as you can imagine as they lost
their dogs, and want to get us the info to share on my FB page. I dont know
how I could solicit a screenshot from anyone.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on May 27, 2013 at 08:26 PM
Your form is secure when it has https:// on your form embed code.
<iframe id="JotFormIFrame" onload="window.parent.scrollTo(0,0)" allowtransparency="true" src="https://secure.jotformpro.com/form/31467530755962" frameborder="0" style="width:100%; height:465px; border:none;" scrolling="no"></iframe>
This possible issue is explained on this guide: Adding Form to Facebook
May we also know the FB URL where you've placed your form so we can make a test here?
- LostdogsmnAnswered on May 27, 2013 at 08:35 PM
Here is the URL. http://www.jotform.us/form/20603661142139
So based on what you said above, I'd say its not secure.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on May 27, 2013 at 08:46 PM
Thanks for the prompt response.
That's where I've made my initial test earlier. It works fine.
What I'd like to see now if the embedded form on your Facebook Page. Where can I see it? Is the form embedded to your FB page? Please let me know. Thank you in advance.
- LostdogsmnAnswered on May 27, 2013 at 09:00 PMI am sorry, I have no idea what you are asking. Can you log into my JF
account and see that?
The form is on my facebook page. That address is Facebook.com/LDoMN
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on May 28, 2013 at 01:48 AM
Sorry I am asking for the Facebook Page URL just like this http://www.facebook.com/LDoMN but I can't access that page here, it just redirects me back to my Facebook Profile. Would you please provide the right FB Page URL instead? Or provide the exact FB Page URL where the form is embedded? This will help us investigate the issue on different browsers and then provide to you all the findings afterwards.
I hope you got what I mean. Thanks!
- LostdogsmnAnswered on May 28, 2013 at 10:05 AMI don't know what you mean. Go on Facebook, search for Lost Dogs-MN. that is my page
Sent from my iPad 2
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on May 28, 2013 at 12:06 PM
I am sorry, but like my colleague mentioned, I also could not seem to find your Lost Dogs facebook page.
Can you please paste the exact URL of the FB website here. This URL http://www.facebook.com/LDoMN is not working on my end also.
Search on FB for Los Dogs-MN does not give any results.
Please update us.
- LostdogsmnAnswered on May 28, 2013 at 02:08 PMhttps://www.facebook.com/LDoMN
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on May 28, 2013 at 04:06 PM
As far as I understood, you are referring to the following Facebook page:
However, I am not sure about the form in question. Your "Post or Search Lost & Found..." APP seems to be not related to our forms.
Where can we check the affected form on your Facebook page?
- LostdogsmnAnswered on May 28, 2013 at 06:25 PMNo! That's mn found pets. Not my site
I sent you the URL, I've sent a billion people to my page, I can't figure out why you can't find it!
Sent from my iPad 2
- LostdogsmnAnswered on May 28, 2013 at 07:14 PMhttps://www.facebook.com/LDoMN
- LostdogsmnAnswered on May 28, 2013 at 07:15 PM
- LostdogsmnAnswered on May 28, 2013 at 07:16 PMLets try a screenshot
- LostdogsmnAnswered on May 28, 2013 at 10:00 PMAre you serious? How is it you cant find a very public facebook page that
has over 15,000 fans?
That is ridiculous!
- dinesh-itAnswered on May 28, 2013 at 10:28 PM
yes, jonathan is correct, when I tried to open the page https://www.facebook.com/LDoMN It simply redirects to the my own profile page. Can you please check it, because may be it restricted in our location, Can you please check is it so.
and even in the image you shared in above post I am not able see any jotform app is there, can you provide the correct link or image where the jotform app is embeded?
- dinesh-itAnswered on May 28, 2013 at 10:32 PM
Hi again, refer this guide
Hope this helps you.
- LostdogsmnAnswered on May 28, 2013 at 10:38 PMare you out of the united states?
I do have it US only,b/c I am a state only page.
I changed my settings, if you are Out of the US it should be viewable now
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on May 29, 2013 at 01:24 AM
Finally we can now view the page. Yes, we are supports from different locations, I am from PH and some of my colleagues are from India. We have one from US but he isn't yet around so allow us to provide you assistance with this.
Base on my observation so far, you are just using a redirection to the stand alone form. I have tested it in a lower version of IE which is 8 and the form still works fine. I haven't encounter the Form ID not match error. I think that could be just a temporary issue but since we do not have similar reports about this, I think it has something to do with the user's browser. The best way to overcome this is to ask the user to try different browser, they may be able to submit it there.
Hope this gives some clarification. Thanks and apologies for the inconveniences this may have caused you.
- snehaldAnswered on September 25, 2015 at 10:24 AM
Hello, i have integrated Jotform on my Facebook page, but when i tried to test the form i receive the below mentioned error my facebook page url: www.facebook.com/hsdepune