- SueAsked on April 19, 2011 at 08:01 PM
- SueAnswered on April 19, 2011 at 08:04 PM
It ATE my question!
1. Can we duplicate the form at the URL above using Jotform?
2. Can we do a 5% discount on all orders before a certain date and then remove that discount after that date?
3. Can we do a 15% discount on all orders of 10 items or more, in addition to the 5% above if it still applies?
4. Can we add the charity gift that is NOT subject to ANY discount and add it to the total?
(I wrote this out much more explicitly in the original question that was eaten by your system.)
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on April 20, 2011 at 03:31 AM
Let me answer all your questions to the best of my knowledge.
1. Yes you can duplicate the form, but doing so will not copy the form exactly the way it looks like. I think it is better to start from scratch. Use the Payment Tools to recreate the order form.
2. No this cannot be made available automatically. You would have to set the discounts (by changing prices) manually.
3. No, this is not possible.
4. Refer to numbers 3 and 4.
Basically, prices cannot be dynamically changed when using the Payment Tools. It would be a nice feature to have but we do not have any plans yet of implementing it.
Thank you for taking interest with Jotform. Please do try our Form Builder and play around with it to get a feel of its capabilities.
- allanftdAnswered on April 20, 2011 at 03:48 AM
Thank you for posting your questions here and we apologize for the behavior of our forum system (we haven't fed it for weeks!).
It seems that the form in the URL you provided was not created by JotForm. Moreso, it looks like a fully functioning shopping form written in PHP that can compute totals based on item quantity, and then calculate discounts. It appears to also accept Visa, MasterCard, and Amex payments directly, albeit insecurely.
At this time, you cannot add a separate section for computing and showing discounts. However, a workaround that you can do is to include the discount into the item price itself. For example, if an item costs $50 and the discount is 5%, the total product price in your form will become $47.50. Just indicate in the product notes that the price shown already includes the 5% discount. And you have to manually adjust it as soon as the discount is no longer offered.
For 10 or more items, you might need to add a separate product for this. For example, add a new product with 10 pcs of the item that will cost $403.75 ($500 - 15% - 5%). Add another product with 11 pcs of the item that will cost $444.12 ($550 - 15% - 5%). And so on. It's a bit tedious but that's the only workaround available for now.
The charity gift will be treated like an ordinary item in the list, just the fixed amount with no discounts.
We hope you find this information useful and somewhat addresses your concerns. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance. Thank you for using JotForm!