- floridaoutdoorsrvAsked on June 03, 2013 at 04:47 PM
I've seen tutorials on this for Light Boxes and Regular forms. But I need to track the URL for Pop Up forms. I would think this is possible? Or at least find a way to "pass through" information on the page. I'm wanting to use it on a product description page and need it to pass through that product info or URL somehow. Thanks!
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on June 03, 2013 at 06:15 PM
Are you referring on adding a Tracking Codes to the form? If yes, you may consider the following this method:
1. Paste the Tracking Codes to any Text Editors you have (Notepad)
2. Save the file as HTML Page (say thankyou.html)
3. Upload the HTML File to your server
4. Set this HTML File as your custom thank you URL, this way, your user will be redirected to this page after submitting the form. The tracking will happen into this page. Custom Thank You URL
- floridaoutdoorsrvAnswered on June 04, 2013 at 09:32 AM
No, I don't think that's what I want to do.
I want them to fill out a Pop-up form. When it comes to me in an Email, I need to know what page they were on.
This can be done with Light Box and regular forms, but I need it to happen on pop-ups.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on June 04, 2013 at 10:05 AM
If you are using it as pop-up, simply construct the code this way:
var referrer = window.parent.location.href;
Make sure to replace your form URL (blue text) and the hidden field name (bolded text). Let us know if you have difficulties applying this to your pop-up embed code so we can assist you further. Thanks!
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on June 04, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Sorry, please get the code here instead: http://pastie.org/pastes/8005058/text
- floridaoutdoorsrvAnswered on June 04, 2013 at 04:07 PM
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on June 04, 2013 at 05:39 PM
Please check this thread I-would-like-to-know-the-URL-where-the-form-was-used-using-a-Lightbox-form. I think requirement is similar to yours.
You will need this guides
Choose the iframe code
Hope this help. Inform us if you need further assistance.
- floridaoutdoorsrvAnswered on June 05, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Okay, so I can use iFrame Code with a Light Box? Is that what the "Adding Parameters" article is about.
I'm not very familiar with code, so before I dive into this, I need to know it's worth getting into. :)
But I think the iFrame works.
- KadeJMAnswered on June 05, 2013 at 12:29 PM
I think the links my colleague provided are actually for transferring the data as parameters with the use of iFrame Values for the lightbox as mentioned in those guides. This seems to be a secondary question and it sounds more like you are actually wanting to place the Lightbox for the the Form inside of an iFrame if I am understanding you properly.
Additionally, can you please provide us with a link to your current website so that we can see how you have it set up this way we'll be able to help you out better.
- Varun bankaAnswered on September 14, 2016 at 11:50 PM
Can i get help from here to trace my pop up ,
Who is clicking on it and how many have closed the pop and how many are on the pop up.
There is something that i am doing wrong on the url i know tht just want to know will i get get some help form here is yes they plz let me know i will paste the url here after the positive response.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on September 15, 2016 at 03:16 AM
Hi @Varun. This seems to be an older thread. To better assist you, I have moved your question to a new thread. Please follow this link to the view your thread: https://www.jotform.com/answers/932770. Regards.