- concretebasicsAsked on April 21, 2011 at 10:28 AM
hi! whts the total upload limit for free account when integrated with dropbox ? thx
This is a re-post of a comment on Create Dropbox Forms with JotForm
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on April 21, 2011 at 10:35 AM
The limits are no different whether you use the Dropbox integration or not. Free accounts are limited to 100MBs space. You can delete your submissions with uploads to gain your space back.
- tourkickAnswered on July 04, 2011 at 11:20 AM
Please explain what happens in these cases:
1) Does the user have to wait for the file to fully upload before clicking "Submit"? If yes, what happens if they leave the computer for a while, the file is done uploading, and they never come back to click "Submit" - does the file still get received?
2) If there is 100mb storage space in JotForm and 2gb in Dropbox and someone tries to upload a 600mb file, I get the PDF in Dropbox instantly after hitting "Submit" (but me thinks I would never get the PDF if they didn't hit Submit, regarding question 1 above). But the PDF's field for uploaded file is blank. I'm guessing that means the file was not received, right?
3) Is there a way for the user to be notified that the file upload didn't go through because the receiver doesn't have enough storage space? I wouldn't want that explicit of an explanation to the user, but it would at least let them know instantly that it didn't work.
4) If I receive the file both into Dropbox and (because it cannot be turned off) into JotForm, does JotForm sync with Dropbox so that I only have to delete it from Dropbox and not remember to open the browser, login to JotForm, find the submission, find the file, and delete it?
-I'm guessing that because the files NEED to go to JotForm is how files over 300mb are able to be sent to Dropbox (which is GREAT), but is there a way to bypass the JotForm file upload duplication for files 300mb and under?
-Is there a central location in JotForm to see all stored/uploaded files? Or do I have to hunt for which forms allowed uploads, then which submissions included uploads, and ONLY THEN delete the uploads? When I go to My Forms, I see the upload space on the left but it's not clickable. I wish it was.
5) What is the PDF in the Dropbox for anyways?
- tourkickAnswered on July 04, 2011 at 12:12 PM
6) In another forum post (http://www.jotform.com/answers/28476-Dropbox-I-get-the-PDF-but-not-the-file), a JotForm employee said, "Large files take a while to get sent from our server to your dropbox account. It can take as long as a whole day, depending on the size of the file." Is this true, even if it only applies to 1gb files? If yes, I NEED to know, because that's too long to be usable - not getting a file until the next day - the job may be DUE the next day. Just asking. Thanks a lot.
7) I don't see the progress bar, just a rotating circle of arrows. This feature mentioned here: http://www.jotform.com/blog/30-8-Great-New-Reasons-to-use-JotForm-for-your-Upload-Forms#progress-bar
8) Dropbox gets a folder created called JotForm. Then, within JotForm folder, one folder per form name. Then, within that folder, another folder as setup in the Dropbox integration settings (no folder is an option). So, is there an option to change the higher-level folders?
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on July 04, 2011 at 05:02 PM
You have way too many different questions in a single (or double) post. Please create separate threads for your issues to avoid confusion and to provide a more focused and effective discussion for the benefit of other users who might be experiencing the same issues as yours.
- tourkickAnswered on July 05, 2011 at 05:26 PM
I have now posted all 8 questions separately. I believe answering these questions thoroughly will help JotForm have a nearly comprehensive guide to Dropbox implementation. This will help people like me in the future not having to spend time and effort trying things out to find out they didn't work as desired. I look forward to all the questions being answered in the next 10 minutes (j/k) thoroughly. Thank you very much and thank you for JotForm.
- allanftdAnswered on July 06, 2011 at 01:47 AM
Thank you for your cooperation, tourkick. We appreciate it. You'll get answers to your questions on each thread shortly.