- lebkuchenAsked on June 18, 2013 at 01:02 PM
I'm panicking because I haven't been able to run any analyses because my IE version is too old, and now it's just started that I can't see any of my submissions, which I'd been working off as a back-up. I had been using that as an essential tool in academic-year-end data analysis. It now just shows "themes" to select the background. My employer (a big university) won't install a new version of IE. Do I have to stop using jotform? Please assist! Thank you.
- jeanettebmzAnswered on June 18, 2013 at 01:38 PM
I would recommend you to install Google Chrome or ask your University IT deparment to do it for you if your computer is restricted to installations.
I hope this helps. Otherwise you won't be able to use the majority of web services which are basically enhanced to work on most updated browsers
- lebkuchenAnswered on June 18, 2013 at 01:42 PM
Frustrating...my university's changing over to a new one, so they won't touch it until July, which is too late for us. Can you verify that the submissions are there provided I can find a more updated computer? Thank you.
- jeanettebmzAnswered on June 18, 2013 at 01:45 PM
Which form in particular would you like me to check on? I could download the submissions for you and sent them via email.
- lebkuchenAnswered on June 18, 2013 at 01:52 PM
Thank you! Yes, May-June 2013 evaluations are most crucial at this time. Thanks again.
- jeanettebmzAnswered on June 18, 2013 at 02:59 PM
Ok, I will be sending the submissions to this email address : ge***rbs@um**j.edu
Is that ok?
- lebkuchenAnswered on June 18, 2013 at 03:07 PM
Yes, perfect, thanks again
- lebkuchenAnswered on June 18, 2013 at 04:21 PM
Got it - thanks Jeannette!