- jwelleAsked on June 21, 2013 at 05:08 PM
Hey quick question. I need to create a multi variat form with 3 steps.. So step one is contact info step 2 is more info and then final amt of info and submit.
if a person only goes through the first 2 steps and then bails from the process do I still get that data?
- KadeJMAnswered on June 21, 2013 at 05:40 PM
Hi and thank you for your comment about our product. To answer your question it actually depends on how you've designed your form. The reason for this is because if you've created One Form with 3 steps on it there's a high chance that if it's not submitted then you would lose out on all of the data most likely. Now if you created 3 Forms with 1 Step on each of these and a person only filled in 2 steps then bailed you would only have the data from the first two. And those are just two common examples out of several other ways that this could possibly happen. So unfortunately it's not always a guarantee since it realistically depends on the user's intensions when they are filling in your forms.
Now, there are actually a few ways you can try to prevent this from happening -
(1) Turn Field Requirements to " ON ".
(2) Use Conditional Logic to " SHOW " the Submit Button only when all of the fields are filled in. You could also use this to
(3) Save & Continue - This ability will save a copy of the form that has been filled in so far so that the person filling in the form can return to it at a later date and finish it if they wish which also raises the chances of you receiving a completed form.