- firstname.lastname@example.orgAsked on July 12, 2013 at 11:08 AM
So what does this mean for existing forms that have a Auto Responder response email? Do we have to go through and edit the Sender Email Address using this SMTP process?
This is a re-post of a comment on Send Form Emails From Your Own Email Address: JotForm Now Support SMTP
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on July 12, 2013 at 11:09 AM
No, we have actually enabled back Sender Address for existing form and we have also JUST NOW added a way to add your own sender addresses like before:
If you have a problem with one of your forms let me know.
- nathanmclainahaAnswered on July 12, 2013 at 11:45 AMI’ve checked one of our forms that has an Auto Response email set and the Sender Email address is missing:
Here is the example: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/30107255711948
When I submit the form and get the auto response email, the email address the response comes from is the one that we use for our account, which is not correct.
I see that the option to Add a Sender Email, but I don’t recall having to go through this process in the past.
Also, I don’t have a list of all of our existing forms that have an Auto Reponses email set, but it appears to me that none of them will have a Sender E-mail address any longer after this change. Is that correct?
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on July 12, 2013 at 11:49 AM
You will need to add the sender address to the forms as described in the tutorial I linked. Once you verify the email, you only need to select it for each form.
- nathanmclainahaAnswered on July 12, 2013 at 12:04 PMHere are some issues I have with this:
1) We have many forms and I don’t have a list of all of the forms that have Auto Response emails set up. (I’m guessing most users don’t) Is there an easy way to find out?
2) The Sender Email address that already existed is no longer there. Not all of the auto response emails were sent from the same email address, so not only do I somehow have to figure out all of the forms that have an Auto Response set up, but I also have to figure out which email address it was being sent from.
3) I know your intentions are good, but there was absolutely no advanced notice of this change, which seems like it would have been appropriate so we could prepare. We have over 80 forms, so it’s going to take quite a bit of time to go back and select the send for each form.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on July 12, 2013 at 12:55 PM
1. Unfortunately, you'll have to check each form. So far, your account doesn't have a form with auto responder settings. If you can give us the other account you have, we'll try our best to help you check the forms.
2. Don't you have a database of your clients or a file that contains all of your clients? Name and Email Address?
3. We gave our best to let everyone know about it via this forum. Again, we can help you about this. Just please let us know the account and forms
- nathanmclainahaAnswered on July 12, 2013 at 01:07 PM1. Our account does in fact have some forms that have an Auto Response email set up. Again, I don’t have a listing of all of them, but here is one example: http://www.jotform.com//?formID=30107255711948
2. All of the forms we set up are for internal purposes and we have all of our forms well organized by the department the form belongs to. However, I do not have a separate record of all of the forms that have an Auto Response email or which email address that it was set to be sent from, b/c I didn’t foresee that the existing Sender email address would ever just go away due to a change in the system.
3. I’ll have to go through and figure out which forms have an Auto Response set up and will go from there.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on July 12, 2013 at 02:00 PM
You are currently logged in to your account "nathanmclainaha ". What will be the Sender Email for this form "Auto Responder" settings? I've added email@example.com.
Let us know if you need assistance setting up those forms.
- nathanmclainahaAnswered on July 12, 2013 at 02:09 PMSorry, the correct account is firstname.lastname@example.org, but please don’t make any changes at this time, b/c I’ll take care of it from my end.
It looks like when I originally asked the question it was from our email@example.com account, but when I replied from my email it switched to my personal account, so I think that’s what caused the confusion.
Thanks for your quick responses today and again I’ll take care of updating the Auto Response emails on my end, so please don’t make any changes to firstname.lastname@example.org on your end.
- jeanettebmzAnswered on July 12, 2013 at 02:52 PM
We never apply changes to a particular form without the user's approval.
Let us know if further help is needed
- JotForm SupportguilledutraAnswered on September 24, 2013 at 07:53 AM
for some reason your last post come blank, could you re-post it using this link