- fredrickprinceAsked on May 04, 2011 at 02:12 PM
I have built a form and followed the steps to have email alerts sent to me when someone fills in my form. However, I am still not receiving alerts. Also, I tried receiving a "test" e-mail and that also did come through. I double checked the e-mail address and it is correct so I don't kknow what's going on.
This is the 2nd time I am asking about it the first time I didn not get a response from the JotForm team and I really need to get this going to launch my site. Please get back to me ASAP.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on May 04, 2011 at 07:26 PM
As a matter of fact, you did get a reply in your previous post. Upon checking mail server logs, it appeared that you entered an incorrect email address for your form's email alerts.
Our mail server logs say that the domain name fredrickrprince.com is an unknown host. I have checked the website http://www.fredrickprince.com and it appears to be your website, judging from your form and the website's content.
Also I checked your account and could find that the email address associated in your account is firstname.lastname@example.org
Whenever you create a new form, it automatically defaults the notification email settings to your account's email address.
To change your account's email:
1. Click Account Settings in the homepage.
2. Modify your email address
3. Click Update My Account
To change your form's recipient email:
1. Go to Setup & Embed (in the form builder)
2. Click Email Alerts button
3. Click Notification (or whatever your notification's name is)
4. Click Reply-To and Recipient Settings
5. Modify your recipient email settings
6. Click Next, Finish and then save your form
Hope this post answers your question. Thank you for using Jotform.