- EPGAtlantaAsked on May 05, 2011 at 09:30 AM
I'm trying to create a survey where I'm asking questions in a matrix.
The questions are kind of long, so when I type them out, they extend beyond the margins of the form.
Is there a way to wrap the text of the questions, similar to excel, so that they don't do that?
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on May 05, 2011 at 10:22 AM
I have checked your form and I see what you mean.
I will forward this to our development team and let them handle this. But unfortunately, we cannot provide a time frame of when this problem can be fixed as our developers are pretty busy.
As a temporary solution, if you can create your own HTML page, you can copy the source and place it in to your HTML file and modify the code from there.
You can do this by:
1. going to Setup & Embed tab > click Embed Form
2. Under Display it on your site, click Source.
3. Click on the text area and copy the source code of the form. Or you can download the files by clicking the link provided, this will download the files including the .js and .css files
If you have other inquiries or concerns, please let us know.
Thank you for your patience.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on May 05, 2011 at 10:38 AM
In addition to what liyam posted, you may also use line breaks instead to wrap the text in your matrix fields.
Take a look at this example form I made for demonstration purposes. Basically, what you need to do is to add a line break to wrap your sentences.
To achieve that:
1. Click on your matrix field
2. Click the Rows button, in the toolbar
3. Insert the html tag <br/> wherever you want the sentence to break into a new line
4. Click OK, then save your form
Hope this helps. Let us know if there's anything else you require assistance with.
- BorisyeyebitsAnswered on July 20, 2011 at 05:13 PM
<br/> !!!!!!!!!!! Thank you NeilVicente"