- bestlegalAsked on July 16, 2013 at 12:22 PM
I am a legitimate business, with a legitimate business license. My account was suspended for 'phishing' with no explanation. What? Anyone else having these difficulties?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on July 16, 2013 at 01:24 PM
I have fixed this and reactivated your account. Please kindly check again.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on July 16, 2013 at 01:27 PM
Apologize for the inconvenience. You can see the from in your Trash Folder. Please purge if it's not needed or modify if needed.
- bestlegalAnswered on July 16, 2013 at 02:22 PM
Quite frankly, I noticed this form yesterday. I did not create this form, I do not speak any language other than English, and I certainly don't speak arabic. If you have someone hacking accounts and doing forms that are phishing in arabic, I suggest you elimate that language from your form site. I deleted it from my forms and put it to my trash, then cleared my casche. I noticed yesterday that my account was acting very odd. Forms would not save, changes that I saved would be gone. I figured you folks were having some sort of issues on your end. Given that this form popped up from virtually nowhere and you suspended my account with no thought to sending me an email, I am not a happy customer. Since I am a business who relys upon my website, I can not have someone arbitrarily taking down and suspendng the account. How can this be prevented in the future?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on July 16, 2013 at 03:13 PM
I have already whitelisted your forms and added your IP Address to our Whitelist. However, new forms will still undergo automatic phishing review. Auto Suspension will happen if our Phishing Filter find something suspicious to your form.
I would recommend you the following in order to prevent further suspensions:
-Do not create password fields in combination with username/email fields in any form. In other words, do not create login forms
-Do not to leave untitled or unused forms: Those showing unlabeled fields, submit button only or with no fields at all might appear suspicious to our system.
-Upgrade to Paid subscription: Our paid customers will not be automatically suspended, we have a dedicated team to review paid customers. However, if we determine that a form belongs to a real "paid" phisher, we will not suspend that account immediately, but we will first notify this to the paid user. However, if we determine it is actually a "paid phisher" we will cancel the subscription and suspend the account immediately.
- bestlegalAnswered on July 16, 2013 at 03:22 PM
I understand your position that you try to maintain safe accounts, however, this form wound up in my account, and it was not by my hand. How did that happen? I was able to save forms until yesterday, then started having issues with not only saving forms, but when I would embed them in my website, and try the form, I would get an Error 404 or it would say the form was disabled or not available. This went on for a good while yesterday. I looked into your FAQ and found something about clearing the casche. When I did that, I logged out of the account and logged back in and then found the arabic form. I then trashed it, and cleared the cashe again, but continued to have issues through this morning, when my account was suddenly suspended. For the record, I do not creat login accounts on my site, but do check to secure the form when linking it to my site. I'm not exactly sure what a 'paid' phisher is, however, I am a paralegal and have legal documents and forms on my site, which is what I use jotform for. Is this going to continue to be an issue? Is Jotform equipped to handle this type of form?
- KadeJMAnswered on July 16, 2013 at 04:14 PM
On behalf of JotForm please accept our most sincere apologies about this problem and I'm sorry to hear how unhappy and frustrating this issue has made you. I did some digging while investigating your account but as of right now I am not seeing this Arabic Form anywhere and I think that's because it's been removed. I can also see after inspecting your IP that you are indeed from the United States as you mentioned. I didn't find anything pointing to signs of wrongful access of your account from our end so far.
This leads me to believe that 1 of 2 things is a Probable Cause:
(1) You may have a Keylogger that found it's way onto your computer somehow. Most likely from a trojan file or corrupted website visit which is very common. This had to have happened somewhere outside of JotForm at some point. We take spam and phishing very seriously here which was the reason for my colleagues response about the form involving your account suspension because of the form which you mentioned you didn't create.
My suggestion to help with this to protect your Forms and Computer as of right now would be to check this immediately since it sounds like this happened twice now. You can do this by downloading and installing a program called MBAM (Free Anti-Malware Scanner). Have it run a scan to check for Hack Attempts which installed a Keyloggers or other Associated Malware. It is possible that someone gained access and create a form like that if it is something that you are not making or putting on your account. Once it's done with the scan have it Fix All Threats if any are found then reboot your computer to finalize the fix followed by logging in changing your password.
(2) If that is not the case then most likely it was because of a minor glitch that may have caused this problem. We've cleared your form cache to refresh this from our end but please let us know if this continues again so we can escalate the problem to have our Development Team look into it incase there is a bigger problem on your Account happening. We do everything in our power to try to prevent these types of issues but sometimes unforseen issues can happen. Something else that may help as well to correct issues is to Clear your Browser Cache too as that will help to correct common formbuilder and editor problems. To my knowledge though, things are supposed to be working smoothly in this aspect. We will wait for any updates you might have involving this if any.
- bestlegalAnswered on July 16, 2013 at 06:35 PM
Thanks for the help. I have installed teh malware scanner suggested and run the scan, then fixed the issues. I'm changing my password as you suggested. I removed the arabic form to my trash yesterday when I found it. I purged it today when one of the earlier messages told me to do so. I'm hopeful this will resolve this issue. Thank you for your help.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on July 16, 2013 at 06:51 PM
Hi, on behalf of my colleagues who provided you the assistance, you're quite welcome.
We are always glad to be of help. Please feel free to contact us again anytime should you have further inquiry.