- theaterchurchAsked on July 24, 2013 at 10:42 AM
My form looks fine in the editor, but when I actually preview it or go to use it, nothing shows up.Page URL:
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on July 24, 2013 at 11:03 AM
I was able to encounter this anomaly the way you have mentioned.
BUT I think this is due to the reason that your form is too big... and it is taking the browser too much process to render the form in full display.
To fix this, may I suggest you do the following steps.
1. Clone your form (this is for backup copy of the original form). Use this guide to clone:
2. Update/Modify the cloned version of your form. What I am suggesting is lessen the form.
3. Add only the minimal elements you need on the form, and
4. Test preview the form. Make sure it was able to render fully on the browser.
5. Then, you can try adding back the other elements one at a time.
You can try alternating between adding the elements and test previewing the form.
It should give a hint when the rendering is reaching the limit, because the form would probably load slower as you continue adding the elements on the form.
Hope this help. Please inform us if you have further question.
- theaterchurchAnswered on July 24, 2013 at 02:53 PM
According to this support thread, there is not supposed to be a limit to form length: http://www.jotform.com/answers/81321-My-form-is-too-long-How-can-I-increase-the-allotted-length
The pricing page also says that there are unlimited fields per form. Is this not the case?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on July 24, 2013 at 05:24 PM
Yes, there is no limit. But we do not recommend a too much lengthly form. Specially of using our Free Text HTML fields. Please try my colleague suggestion and get back to us if it has the same results.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on July 24, 2013 at 05:35 PM
You have plenty of embedded youtube videos in your form. This seems to be the reason why your form loads pretty slow. If you try Jonathan's suggestions, try removing all the videos and you'll see a big difference on the form loading. Note that flashes normally takes time to load in the browser. The more flashes you have, the longer it takes to be fully loaded on a page. You should probably consider using links instead embedding videos to the form. This should remedy the problem here.
Update us should you have further questions. Thanks!