- abdigitalAsked on May 11, 2011 at 08:47 AM
Hi there, is there any way a jotform which produces an excel spreadsheet can be opened and further edited and saved back to the same excel report held on the jotform system? Then further forms just get added to the excel sheet as normal. The idea is there. My line manager wants to be able to view an up-to-date excel report to see what forms have been submitted, he wants to be able to add another field to each report called status where he can then change the status of the form as it progresses through the business. This will sinply be an extra field where he can type "pending" "actioned" "complete" etc etc. The status field is not to appear in the actual online form people fill out.
He wants to then be able to save the excel document back to where the report comes from so when he looks at the reports later, it has saved his changes.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on May 11, 2011 at 09:13 AM
Unfortunately there is no function in Jotform for your report to be extracted, edited, then uploaded back again. The report features purpose is for viewing only so it's either you can view it online, or extract it to a spreadsheet.
To modify your submissions, you need to:
1. Login to your account
2. Go to your forms list and select your form
3. Go to submissions page by clicking Submissions above the forms list
4. View and edit your submissions on your submissions page.
For your field which you wish that can be modified by you or your line manager, what you can do is:
1. Add a Hidden Box field in your form (this field is under Power Tools)
2. Insert a default value for it such as "pending".
3. Once you go to your submissions page, choose the submission that you wish to edit.
4. Modify your submission including the value of the hidden field.
Hope this helps.
- abdigitalAnswered on May 12, 2011 at 06:23 AM
Hi, I've tried this. I've added a hidden box called STATUS to all my forms and have then gone into the submissions page. I've selected edit form but cannot see the hidden box for me to manually edit. I've tried deselecting auto hide empty fields etc but this only makes the hidden box appear when looking at the submission, as soon as I select edit the field dissapears.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on May 12, 2011 at 03:18 PM
I've looked into your forms and I don't see any hidden box field in any of it.
To explain this further, you need to select the hidden box field under power tools
Here's a sample of what I did to my form:
1. I inserted a hidden box field in my test form. Notice that the hidden box field when inserted into your form, will show up a notice.
2. I have edited my form and renamed the hidden box fiield to Status. I also placed "pending" as a default status in it. Notice that when I saved my form and viewed it in a browser, it does not show up.
3. After making a test submission, I went to the submissions page to view the submission. You will notice that the hidden box with a field name "status" shows up
5. This is how it looks like when I try to edit it. The text box of the hidden box field looks like a textbox with its borders as dashed. I also renamed the pending status to completed.
Let me know if this sample helps.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on May 12, 2011 at 03:37 PM
After doing some tests, I see what you mean.
So far you won't be able to modify submissions that is already in record after you added the hidden field. I will submit this issue to our development team and wait for their response.
Or ... another alternative is using an ordinary textbox like the one you have in your form right now and just hide it using CSS. If you need assistance with this, just let me know.
- serkanAnswered on May 14, 2011 at 09:15 AM
This issue has been fixed now.