- Scott AllenAsked on May 11, 2011 at 03:55 PM
I have updated a form on JotForm and it is not displaying the updated data. Please advise.
- savingsmagAnswered on May 11, 2011 at 04:13 PM
I updated the "reason for contacting us" drop down menu to include "Employment". it displays in JotForm, but when I go to my Web site, it does not display that field.
Any help you can give me would be much appreciated.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on May 11, 2011 at 04:15 PM
You seem to have embedded the form using its source code, that is why the changes aren't showing. Source code is good if you want to drastically customize your form using your favorite webpage editor such as Dreamweaver. The only downside is that since you have changed the form and its codes outside of Jotform, any changes you make via the Form Builder would not reflect into the embedded codes.
Solution is to re-embed your form using iFrame codes.
1. Go to Setup & Embed tab
2. Click Embed Form
3. Click iFrame
4. Copy the codes provided in the next screen
Hopefully this works. If problem still persists, do let us know so we can try another solution. Thank you.
- savingsmagAnswered on May 11, 2011 at 10:57 PM
Ah, yes. What was I thinking? Thank you!
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on May 11, 2011 at 11:21 PM
You're very much welcome. Glad to hear that you've fixed your problem.