- inspirebizconAsked on August 02, 2013 at 09:29 PM
So I just spent about the last hour dialing in my form so that I could embed with the WP plugin. I went to hit preview and received an error on the screen (looked like a database error - it was long). When I went back to my form, all of my edits were gone. The form looked like it did before I started with my edits.
Please tell me that the form is still there and that you have all my edits somewhere. I'm already having problems with your WP plugin not working in the editor and now this.
I need to know if I can get those edits back or if I need to find another form builder because I can't afford to lose this much work.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on August 02, 2013 at 10:07 PM
I have encountered this before when my internet connection lost and time out at some point while saving the form. So I waited for a while and resave the form then everything goes well. I believed this isn't an issue with JotForm, we mostly consider this as a browser issue or when a network timeout occurs. This triggers the long error because the form isn't able to reach the database server. Unfortunately we cannot restore any changes on the form fields specially when it occurs in a short period of time. The best way to remedy this recreate all the changes you made to the form if it wasn't properly saved.
Regarding on the WP Embed Plugin. Here's a guide:
1. Install the Embed Form plugin again. If it's already installed, continue to step 2.
2. Get your Form ID. It is the long string of numbers found at the end of your Form URL.
3. Use short codes in your WP, e.g. [jotform id="FORMID"] replace FORMID with your actual Form ID. You can either do that in the visual view or in the text view.
Hope this helps. Thanks!
- rachaelgleesonAnswered on August 03, 2013 at 12:35 AM
After one and a half hours of making changes to my form and multiple Saves, the next day my form was back to where it was before the hour and a half's changes. Maybe there's a glitch in your system?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on August 03, 2013 at 12:52 AM
We request you to please create a separate thread with your inquiry so we can assist you there.